cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reminder About the Rules

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Over the past few weeks I have had to either edit, delete or close more posts and threads than usual. They have all been about the current Canada/US border situation where the discussion turned political which is clearly against the forum rules. Often the posts inevitably turn to flaming of members which also contravenes the forum rules.

These forums are meant for RVing and camping related questions, discussions and sharing of experiences. Any posts that include political statements or political opinions about either country or are off topic will be deleted.

6 REPLIES 6

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
I've always appreciated the moderation on RV.net - having seen what devolves on other websites without moderation. We are all united by our love of spending time outdoors - aside from that, we're all rather different. We need to concentrate on what unites us ๐Ÿ™‚
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
As a previous owner of a forum, I can tell you the mods face a never ending challenge keeping politics out of the conversation.

I attempted to have a political section on my forum and it just got so ugly it had to be killed.

It's tough.. I know.. especially in these times. Mods - my hats off to you. You have a tough job.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

sljohnson1938
Explorer
Explorer
who monitors the moderator?
1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Ham radio - WU4S

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer
PackerBacker - Thanks again for your comments about the forum rules, RVNet is a great place to get info and correspond with others; you moderators have a tough job and are doing fine! Hope to get up to QC again in the next year or two, we enjoyed our trip up there a couple years ago, such a great place.

thomas201
Explorer
Explorer
Pity we don't have a political forum. Call it Freedom or Liberty Hall, where "you can spit on the stove and call the cat a bas***". You know, where everybody can tell me how stupid I really am. A good picture caption would be of two gentlemen with dueling pistols. Make all who enter, click that they understand they are entering uncharted territory without moderation. Then you can just dump all the political stuff in there.

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
PackerBacker, thank you. Maybe we will see you in Myrtle Beach for Canadian Days in 2022; of course, the Chamber of Commerce cancelled it for 2021. When I was there recently delivering food staples to Myrtle Beach's food bank (there is a lot of unemployment here now), the place is mostly deserted, and there are a few RV people from Quebec hanging on who came up from Mexico. I called them over to the food bank for some staples like bread, cheese, beans, and canned vegetables as the grocery stores' shelves are not full because the locals are buying up staple goods in preparation for a small hurricane coming up the east coast. Take care.

Dee