cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2021 Grand Design Reflection 303 RLS purchase

redondoraptor
Explorer
Explorer
Our family is located in southern California and are looking at this fifth wheel to possibly purchase. Does anyone know what the average discount dealers are giving. The MSRP is around 61K.

Also any issues with this rig that we should be aware of?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Keith
7 REPLIES 7

redondoraptor
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for your information. That's about what we were thinking.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
redondoraptor wrote:
Our family is located in southern California and are looking at this fifth wheel to possibly purchase. Does anyone know what the average discount dealers are giving. The MSRP is around 61K.

Also any issues with this rig that we should be aware of?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Keith

I would be asking these questions on the GD Owner's Forum.

In normal times and in other regions of the country, 33% is a good discount.
But you are buying on the West Coast and during the highest RV sales in history. With those two strikes against you, i don't think you'll get much of a discount.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

dpgllg
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th wheel and I cannot recommend a Grand Design unit to anyone. I have had a whole laundry list of issues with this unit starting at 13 months old. When we purchased I did a lot of research and the one thing that stuck out was the customer service Grand Design provided. Well they were bought out by Winebago and that custome service is gone.

Most RV's are made with the same basic components Lippert Frames, Dometic or Norcold for the fridge, Dometic or Coleman for the AC etc. What used to make Grand Design stand out from the others is the customer service after the sale. That is gone under Winebago.

I cannot even recommend another brand as they are made with the same poor quality items. Until the makers start demanding more in the way of quality from these suppliers things are not going to get any better.

Dave
2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Thermoguy wrote:
Are dealers negotiating much with the huge demand on RV's this year? You have to consider the market. This is not a typical summer. If you walk away from a deal, probably not a big concern because the next guy will be willing to pay.

Not sure if that is true, but saw on the news yesterday that RV sales are way up and dealers are having their best sales years ever.

You are correct. Same things with boats this year. My boss just sold her boat for $5,000 more than what she was asking after a bidding war ensued. it's a sellers market right now.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are dealers negotiating much with the huge demand on RV's this year? You have to consider the market. This is not a typical summer. If you walk away from a deal, probably not a big concern because the next guy will be willing to pay.

Not sure if that is true, but saw on the news yesterday that RV sales are way up and dealers are having their best sales years ever.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Thatโ€™s a nice, large unit.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Generally, you reduce the MSRP by 30% and negotiate from there. I hope that was clear. $100,000 rig, 70,000, and now work your way down another four or 5%
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."