Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Lippert 18v Awning
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Lippert 18v Awning

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
bigred1cav

ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/02/20 02:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My new 18v solaer Lippert awning operates on a drill 18v battery but it will not operate on the 18v batteries contained n the awning arm. I have bought two new batteries in addition to the battery that came with the awning.

The awning was installed in Pt Angeles, Wa, I reside in Ohio return to the service is not an option.

What is the problem, what is the remedy? All of you Motorhome wizards please help me.

Thank you.

Flute Man

Payson, Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 08/02/20 03:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My big awning works off of 12 V has a Torginol Spring on one end like a garage door and maybe that is not adjusted properly. If your drill Battery works and the onboard battery does not it might mean that the onboard battery is not big enough or else the awning is not adjusted properly. Without me being there and helping you troubleshoot it’s a little hard To offer suggestions. You may call me if you like and we can talk about it over the phone.

Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
[email protected]
602-321-8141
Full-timer

shastagary

minnesota

View Profile

Posted: 08/02/20 05:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

there is not that much to the system a battery a reversing switch and a motor a simple volt meter should be able to tell you any problems with it are your replacement batteries actually charging the green light is the default light on the charger has it turned red when charging?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Lippert 18v Awning
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.