Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class-C'ers Unsecured EZ-Up Meets Side of Nice Prevost
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Class-C'ers Unsecured EZ-Up Meets Side of Nice Prevost

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Powertour

Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 08/02/20 03:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Results of Unsecured EZup[image]

If you're new to RVing and set up stuff like EZ-ups and such around others, PLEASE make sure you have that stuff mega tied to the earth before you leave it unattended (or better yet take everything down while gone).

I cried for the Prevost owner & I don't even know who the owner is.

2015 Itasca 25b Ford E350 V10

dhull

apple valley

View Profile

Posted: 08/02/20 04:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They didn't know...

Lwiddis

South of Lone Pine, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/02/20 05:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

An expensive lesson for the C owner. Might assist them complying with manufacturer’s instructions too.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/03/20 03:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am sure there was no intent. Just a careless accident Did you cry because it was a Prevost, or because a low life class C had the unmitigated gall to be close to the kings ride.
I am sure that the Prevost owner has insurance and although a pain, will not cause him financial distress.
Why does the Brand and type make a difference, this is akin to naming the race of a person when race has nothing to do with the story!

navigator2346

texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/20 09:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"I am sure that the Prevost owner has insurance and although a pain, will not cause him financial distress."

So you are saying the Prevo guy should pick up the tab? I don't think so

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/20 03:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Who says the C pictured owned the EZ up? It could have come from anywhere.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/20 05:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hate EZ ups! They aren't sturdy and as seen here can blow up and away. If you can't read directions then you shouldn't be allowed to have them..........or much of anything.
The guy probably bought it because he left the awning out and that got destroyed!

I tell ya, class C owners!!! [emoticon]

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/20 06:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

navigator2346 wrote:

"I am sure that the Prevost owner has insurance and although a pain, will not cause him financial distress."

So you are saying the Prevo guy should pick up the tab? I don't think so

Yes that is exactly what I am saying. That is what insurance is for. At most the king could sue the low life for the deductible!

Powertour

Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/20 06:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bucky wrote:

Who says the C pictured owned the EZ up? It could have come from anywhere.

It was their stuff, I walked by it all set up a 1/2 dozen times over 2 days before it ended up in the side of someone else's very expensive coach.

Powertour

Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/20 07:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pitch wrote:

I am sure there was no intent. Just a careless accident Did you cry because it was a Prevost, or because a low life class C had the unmitigated gall to be close to the kings ride.
I am sure that the Prevost owner has insurance and although a pain, will not cause him financial distress.
Why does the Brand and type make a difference, this is akin to naming the race of a person when race has nothing to do with the story!

Yes I cried because it was the nicest coach (at least custom paint wise) I'd ever seen. I cried because I can appreciate fine things in this world, wether they're owned by people wealthier than me or not is irrelevant, they're still fine things. I put myself in that person's shoes thinking that if I'd worked my @ ss off to get a dream coach & then to have it needlessly damaged because of someone else's negligence, I'd be pissed.

I thought about the stress with having to deal with someone I didn't know trying to get reimbursed, about having to spend my valuable time/effort rectifying damage done to my property. I surely didn't think that because the person owning the Prevost had money then it was no big deal to have his stuff damaged by others.

ETA: I own a Class C smaller than the one I referenced in my post so insinuating that I'm someone sitting on a hill looking down on peons that can only afford a Class C is not applicable here. Nice try with the class warfare approach though.

* This post was edited 08/04/20 07:12am by Powertour *

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

> Class-C'ers Unsecured EZ-Up Meets Side of Nice Prevost
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.