Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class-C'ers Unsecured EZ-Up Meets Side of Nice Prevost

Powertour
Explorer II
Explorer II
Results of Unsecured EZup

If you're new to RVing and set up stuff like EZ-ups and such around others, PLEASE make sure you have that stuff mega tied to the earth before you leave it unattended (or better yet take everything down while gone).

I cried for the Prevost owner & I don't even know who the owner is.
2015 Itasca 25b Ford E350 V10
17 REPLIES 17

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good thing it didn't hit legs first. The slide corner stopping it may have kept it from scraping down the whole side of the coach. She is a pretty one.
Puma 30RKSS

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Saw the same thing 2 days ago in Pigeon Forge. Don't know where it came from but hit the back of my DP and ended up caught on the TV antenna of the 5er next to me. It had disappeared the next morning.....

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Rice wrote:

That is one deluxe paint job. Those two vertical rectangles in the rear--are they windows that have been painted/whatever-ed white to blend in? If so, the fact that I have to ask if they're windows says "mission accomplished."

If not, then "What the hell are those weird rectangles on that fancy coach?"

Yup matching see though vinyl wrap, like you see on cars/vans that are 100% wrapped with a design or logo.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
pitch wrote:

Yes that is exactly what I am saying. That is what insurance is for. At most the king could sue the low life for the deductible!

Well, if I was the king, I'd rather take it out of your hide for scratching my ride...
You must have some animosity towards folks with nice things!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

4x4van
Explorer
Explorer
Accidents happen, that's life. I would guess that the owner of the awning has no problem covering the cost of any damage.

I own 2 EZ-ups, both 12'x14'. Sometimes use one, sometimes use both, sometimes use none (and no, it's not because I left my awning out and it got destroyed; I use my RV awning next to the RV; my EZ-Ups are for other areas). Usually I stake them down, although not always. Really depends on where I am setting them up, length of time they will be up, and the likelihood of any wind during that time. And BTW, awnings can and sometimes do get picked up by wind gusts even when staked down and even when NOT left unattended. And yes, that also applies to RV awnings.
We don't stop playing because we grow old...We grow old because we stop playing!

2004 Itasca Sunrise M-30W
Carson enclosed ATV Trailer
-'85 ATC250R, '12 Husky TE310, '20 CanAm X3 X rs Turbo RR
Zieman Jetski Trailer
-'96 GTi, '96 Waveblaster II

Rice
Explorer
Explorer
Powertour wrote:
Yes I cried because it was the nicest coach (at least custom paint wise) I'd ever seen. I cried because I can appreciate fine things in this world, wether they're owned by people wealthier than me or not is irrelevant, they're still fine things. I put myself in that person's shoes thinking that if I'd worked my @ ss off to get a dream coach & then to have it needlessly damaged because of someone else's negligence, I'd be pissed.

That is one deluxe paint job. Those two vertical rectangles in the rear--are they windows that have been painted/whatever-ed white to blend in? If so, the fact that I have to ask if they're windows says "mission accomplished."

If not, then "What the hell are those weird rectangles on that fancy coach?"

But what do I know--I think it's a risk to paint stripes over refrigerator vents because of the hassle involved if you have to replace it.

Powertour
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bird Freak wrote:
Curious here. Did you see ay damage to the coach or just the EZ up against it?

It looked like it was scratched in a # of places.

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
Curious here. Did you see ay damage to the coach or just the EZ up against it?
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Powertour
Explorer II
Explorer II
pitch wrote:
I am sure there was no intent. Just a careless accident Did you cry because it was a Prevost, or because a low life class C had the unmitigated gall to be close to the kings ride.
I am sure that the Prevost owner has insurance and although a pain, will not cause him financial distress.
Why does the Brand and type make a difference, this is akin to naming the race of a person when race has nothing to do with the story!

Yes I cried because it was the nicest coach (at least custom paint wise) I'd ever seen. I cried because I can appreciate fine things in this world, wether they're owned by people wealthier than me or not is irrelevant, they're still fine things. I put myself in that person's shoes thinking that if I'd worked my @ ss off to get a dream coach & then to have it needlessly damaged because of someone else's negligence, I'd be pissed.

I thought about the stress with having to deal with someone I didn't know trying to get reimbursed, about having to spend my valuable time/effort rectifying damage done to my property. I surely didn't think that because the person owning the Prevost had money then it was no big deal to have his stuff damaged by others.

ETA: I own a Class C smaller than the one I referenced in my post so insinuating that I'm someone sitting on a hill looking down on peons that can only afford a Class C is not applicable here. Nice try with the class warfare approach though.

Powertour
Explorer II
Explorer II
bucky wrote:
Who says the C pictured owned the EZ up? It could have come from anywhere.

It was their stuff, I walked by it all set up a 1/2 dozen times over 2 days before it ended up in the side of someone else's very expensive coach.

pitch
Explorer
Explorer
navigator2346 wrote:
"I am sure that the Prevost owner has insurance and although a pain, will not cause him financial distress."

So you are saying the Prevo guy should pick up the tab? I don't think so

Yes that is exactly what I am saying. That is what insurance is for. At most the king could sue the low life for the deductible!

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I hate EZ ups! They aren't sturdy and as seen here can blow up and away. If you can't read directions then you shouldn't be allowed to have them..........or much of anything.
The guy probably bought it because he left the awning out and that got destroyed!

I tell ya, class C owners!!! 😉
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
Who says the C pictured owned the EZ up? It could have come from anywhere.
Puma 30RKSS

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
"I am sure that the Prevost owner has insurance and although a pain, will not cause him financial distress."

So you are saying the Prevo guy should pick up the tab? I don't think so