cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Aquahot system testing

00zx6r
Explorer
Explorer
I am in the market for a used DP and seeing some unit equiped with Aquahot system. Could someone please school me how to test the Aquahot system? Also if the ambient temp over 100ยฐF the Aquahot will not run? Sorry maybe a silly question but that what I was told by a private seller.
2001 E450 Fourwinds Majestic 26
2004 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi 4x4 LO
2005 18' Haulmark enclosed trailer
2005 Honda CBR1000RR Resol
2004 Honda CBR1000RR Silver
2002 Honda CR250
2005 Honda 250 Recon ES
2002 Honda TRX90
2000 Kawasaki KX 250
5 REPLIES 5

00zx6r
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks you all.
2001 E450 Fourwinds Majestic 26
2004 Dodge Durango Limited Hemi 4x4 LO
2005 18' Haulmark enclosed trailer
2005 Honda CBR1000RR Resol
2004 Honda CBR1000RR Silver
2002 Honda CR250
2005 Honda 250 Recon ES
2002 Honda TRX90
2000 Kawasaki KX 250

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
dougrainer wrote:
http://www.aquahot.com/Library.aspx

The Aqua Hot system is powered by either 120 volts or Diesel. You can have BOTH at the same time. 120 volts is used for Furnace type heating thru floor radiators with Muffin fans. Diesel is required for CONTINOUS HOT WATER production like taking a shower. the 120 will heat about 1 gallon on hot water for hand washing and small amounts of hot water. BOTH 120 and Diesel have Tstats in the boiler tank to shut the unit off when the preset temp of the boiler is reached. So, I guess your question about 100 degrees was about HOT Water production which the Aqua Hot will run to heat the water. As to 100 degrees for furnace operation, nobody would want to use furnace over 100 degrees:@ IF you are looking to buy used, you are best to have a Aqua Hot trained Tech check out the system. They cost over $6k up to 10k depending on the model. ALL parts except the boiler tank can be replaced. If the boiler tank leaks from a crack(usually freeze damage) the unit must be sent back to Aqua Hot for repair or you buy a new system. Having the CORRECT GLYCOL in the system is a MUST. It is NOT regular automotive antifreeze. This is something a qualified Aqua Hot tech would test and verify. Doug

Listen to Doug, he's spot on. Also, check the filter and reservoir. They can be found on the roof of one of the bays. Know where they are if you buy the coach. Do not use antifreeze....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad

The Aqua Hot system is powered by either 120 volts or Diesel. You can have BOTH at the same time. 120 volts is used for Furnace type heating thru floor radiators with Muffin fans. Diesel is required for CONTINOUS HOT WATER production like taking a shower. the 120 will heat about 1 gallon on hot water for hand washing and small amounts of hot water. BOTH 120 and Diesel have Tstats in the boiler tank to shut the unit off when the preset temp of the boiler is reached. So, I guess your question about 100 degrees was about HOT Water production which the Aqua Hot will run to heat the water. As to 100 degrees for furnace operation, nobody would want to use furnace over 100 degrees:@ IF you are looking to buy used, you are best to have a Aqua Hot trained Tech check out the system. They cost over $6k up to 10k depending on the model. ALL parts except the boiler tank can be replaced. If the boiler tank leaks from a crack(usually freeze damage) the unit must be sent back to Aqua Hot for repair or you buy a new system. Having the CORRECT GLYCOL in the system is a MUST. It is NOT regular automotive antifreeze. This is something a qualified Aqua Hot tech would test and verify. Doug

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Agreed, something doesn't work on his system. Exhaust should be clean with no oil. Each heating zone involves a pump and fan on the inside radiator plus thermostat and controls, make sure they work. Mine has a cold engine heat zone. Mine also heats from a warmed up engine.

These units are complex and VERY expensive and the typical propane heater pales by comparison. It might pay you to have a mobile guy check it out.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the seller then he knows there is a issue with it. Go by the model # and download a manual. Temp does not matter. They are pretty much the same.