cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heber City Utah to Orem, Utah

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have any experience with Hwy 189 from Heber City to Orem? We have a large, high profile (13’4”) fifth wheel, triple axle. In my RV atlas it isn’t shown as an RV friendly road. We will have to go considerably out of our way to get to I 15 heading down to I 70 if we have to backtrack to the north. If 189 is doable, it would shorten our trip a good deal. Thank you so much in advance.
5 REPLIES 5

justme1
Explorer
Explorer
There is a few places where you need to keep your speed under control cause of the pitch of the decline. This road is preferable to travel to and from the Heber Valley, over using I-80 via park city etc.

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
Just took that road a couple times. Big, tall FW. An easy, beautiful drive. Betsy.
Betsy

dedmiston
My experience with the smaller UT roadways has always been good, but fuel stops can be tricky. I've given too many kind C-Store clerks heart attacks when I pull unto their stations knowing that I can't pull through after I fill up. It's tricky to back out of those smaller gas stations, but I've been in a lot of spots in UT where pulling through isn't an option.

Heber City to Orem is a pretty short trip though, so just fuel up before you hitch up.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

rsoccfan01
Explorer
Explorer
Have traveled this route several times with 36 foot fifth wheel with no issues. Mostly four-lane divided highway. I don't recall any tunnels that are issues and we are 13' 5". Enjoy the trip.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Have no personal experience on that route, But just did a Google Map Street view of the entire route, saw no problems with it, One short tunnel, but noticed several tractor trailers in each direction, so I doubt you'd have any trouble.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund