Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Looking at this 99 Safari Trek deisel
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Looking at this 99 Safari Trek deisel

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
A1ARealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/20 05:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rk911 wrote:

just fyi..that safari trek is an orphan.

There are a LOT of orphans that are still exceptional quality motorhomes, and there's been a lot of fruitbasket turnover regarding names. Remember when Holiday Rambler was one of the top quality brands? Now it's just another middle-of-the-road REV group product. Plus, IMO, the newer Monaco Treks (also REV group) can't really be compared with the ones built by Safari when it comes to quality.

BTW, Thor is part of the REV group, if that tells you anything.

* This post was edited 08/04/20 05:38am by A1ARealtorRick *

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

rgatijnet1

Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/04/20 05:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go this website, check in, and ask about this coach. You may find that someone there knows all about it and it's history. Trek Trax group

chast

Marlton, NJ

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/20 05:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi—we had a ‘98 Trek and it was, by far, the best built motorhome we ever owned! Our was a gasser, but a good friend had the same one with a diesel. The diesel in the one in question is a GM 6.5 which is the same one the friend had. Read the reviews for this engine, and, if you can live with what the naysayers say, then make your decision. Another factor to consider is the increased cost of diesel maintenance. Personally, I would not hesitate to seriously consider this motorhome for purchase—I don’t think you can go wrong! Good luck!

[email protected]

chast

Marlton, NJ

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/20 05:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PS—I just checked it out—GO FOR IT! Price is good and there have been many improvements. Coach looks in great condition. Alloy wheels have been added, new toilet, etc. Sounds like a deal to me!

tropical36

Southwest Florida_USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/20 07:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

chast wrote:

PS—I just checked it out—GO FOR IT! Price is good and there have been many improvements. Coach looks in great condition. Alloy wheels have been added, new toilet, etc. Sounds like a deal to me!
l
Can't see more than $12500 for putting into a non slide old coach and that's after researching the diesel that's in it. If it might be troublesome, one could put easily put another 12,500 in it.

"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Teleman

Clayton, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/20 07:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tropical36 wrote:

chast wrote:

l
Can't see more than $12500 for putting into a non slide old coach and that's after researching the diesel that's in it. If it might be troublesome, one could put easily put another 12,500 in it.

I'd pay the asking price if it had a gas motor. I inquired about this diesel on Trek Tracks and was convincing warned off it. I do not want a slide out BTW.

tropical36

Southwest Florida_USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/04/20 08:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Teleman wrote:

tropical36 wrote:

chast wrote:

l

I'd pay the asking price if it had a gas motor. I inquired about this diesel on Trek Tracks and was convincing warned off it. I do not want a slide out BTW.

Gas would probably be a better option with this coach.
As for no slides, that's fine and to each his own, but then why pay for something that you don't want and aren't getting?
Keep in mind that slide rooms are the most expensive add on there is to any coach, indicating their popularity.

mike brez

Unknown

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/05/20 04:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a orphan never had a issue. I even have a red headed step child for a engine in it.

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

wolfe10

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/05/20 03:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, on the 1999 P30, you had the choice of the VORTEC 454 or the GM 6.5 diesel.

Not even close-- the VORTEC 454 is superior.

Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Looking at this 99 Safari Trek deisel
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.