cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shower cleaners

pismopete
Explorer
Explorer
What's the best cleaner for the RV shower that won't harm tanks or seals? All suggestions are appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
When we have a rainy day at a campground, I usually do inside cleaning. I first do the woodwork with liquid gold and then get to the bathrooms. The shower gets cleaned and a coat of paste wax.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
First: If you have or camp where there is "hard water" invest in a water softener of some type. That's IMHO the first step. It cuts way down on the mineral buildup and PITA to get it off. Helps on the sinks and toilet as well.

Next we use the shower spray you put on the walls after your done that you can rinse off in the next shower. Comes in a pump sprayer bottle, don't recall the name but it is Same as we use in the house.

And then to clean the shower when we return we use the "foaming bubbles" stuff in the areasol can.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

K_and_I
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know what brand your shower is, but here is the cleaning instructions that came with mine.
K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604
Nights Camped in 2019: 85
Do we have time for shortcuts?

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
gel gloss it will clean and polish.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Regular "Easy-Off Fume Free Oven Cleaner"
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

pismopete
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your advice.

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
RV stores do sell bathroom cleaner. It will not scratch the fiberglass tubs or sinks, and I assume will not hurt anything in the tanks, but not much will if just cleaning.

Vintage tank seals do not like bleach, but newer ones are fine with it. Rubber seals are made better now I guess

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
We use the foaming bubbles stuff sometimes. Most of the time we just wipe it down right after showers. We use liquid sower soaps so there is no residue fro mbar soaps nd all water is filtered so little to no mineralization to ruin things.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
You will be fine with any product that is marketed for the purpose.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing sold commercially...supermarkets...will harm your tanks or seals but I wouldnโ€™t use Comet or comparables on plastic such as shower walls. I do use silicone often on the toilet bowl seals.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad