Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outdoor Shower - Low or High?

mr_andyj
Explorer
Explorer
I am putting in an outdoor shower.

I can mount it low like I had in other RV, or high so the compartment door's shower head holder will be at head level.

I lose some interior space no matter what.

I will never wash off anything but a person, so do not need "other" considerations.

I think high, but checking if those of you who HAVE and DO use outdoor shower have thoughts or regrets...
5 REPLIES 5

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
I connect and disconnect from the low point drains when I need water outside. I didn't want to add another hole in the outside of the trailer. My low point shut off valves are under the sink. The low point drain tubing is just in front tires. I added adapters and garden hose quick connects to the open ends of the tubing.

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
Mine was mounted about waist height. It had a long enough length of hose to reach my head or my toes.

Boomerweps
Explorer
Explorer
I suspect most of the reason outdoor showers are mounted where they are is to keep them inside a large storage area near the water pump. Mount it wherever convenient, just add an extra hand nozzle hanger up high where you want it and the shower hose will reach. Might add that myself.
2019 Wolf Pup 16 BHS Limited, axle flipped
2019 F150 4x4 SCrew SB STX 5.0 3.55 factory tow package, 7000#GVWR, 1990 CC Tow mirrors, ITBC, SumoSprings,

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
I would mount it at the level that works best for you.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I wish my factory installed outdoor shower was chest level.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad