cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Need a 1/2" Propane Hose ASAP

Jnbaun
Explorer
Explorer
I came home the other day and found that squirrels had chewed about 3 feet of my propane line on my month-old TT. The hose runs from the regulator back under the camper and it's 20 feet long. I repaired the 15 feet that runs under the trailer. My problem is that I now need 5 to 6 feet of stainless steel braided propane hose 1/2" diameter with 1/2" flare fittings (one side male, the other female).
I want the braided line so the critters don't destroy it and waste another 40lbs of propane. I can only seem to find the hoses with 3/8" flare fittings and I want to match the new hose to what I already have. We have a trip coming up and I need the propane to work.
Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
John
John :C
Wife - Renee:R and 2 young men: ages 24 and 19
19 REPLIES 19

Jnbaun
Explorer
Explorer
A quick update...
I called, searched online and stopped at over a dozen different places and no one has 1/2" stainless steel braided lines rated for propane. The propane suppliers either did not sell parts to the public or did not have what I wanted. I get a new rubber hose and I will have to go with a cover from an auto parts store.
Thanks for all the help and replies.

smthbros
Explorer
Explorer
jdc1 wrote:
Home Depot sells flexible gas line by the foot, or 50-100' rolls. They have all the parts you might need too. That gas line is only under 7 pounds of pressure.

Are you referring to csst (corrugated stainless steel tubing)? If so, be sure to verify that rv use is allowed by the manufacturer.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
jdc1 wrote:
Home Depot sells flexible gas line by the foot, or 50-100' rolls. They have all the parts you might need too. That gas line is only under 7 pounds of pressure.

Downstream of Regulator...
11"WC which is only 0.39 psi

Between tank/cylinders and Regulator
100#---250# depending on how HOT it is
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Any hydraulics place can make a hose for you

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I run the rubber propane hoses thru automotive heater hose for protection. hose

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Roger10378 wrote:
Go to your nearby propane dealer. They can make up what ever you want provided it is legal for propane.

Propane dealers come in basically two flavos
Stores that sell propane. the includes some gas stations like Flying-J truck stops that have propane pumps (Many campgrounds as well)

And PROPANE DEALERS.. for an example google Parker's Propane in Flint.

The latter has everything you need and then some.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
Hire a 12 year old with a 22 or you will be fixing it again.

Check local regulations first. Pellet guns are less than $40 and won't have the neighbors calling "shots fired" and getting you shot.
BTW they do make low velocity 22 longs that the neighbors won't even hear.
Puma 30RKSS

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Get some braided steel hose cover from your local automotive speed shop to go over the rubber hose.

RJsfishin
Explorer
Explorer
There is nothing special about propane hose. I have used automotive fuel injection hose and barb fittings for propane for many years, and after 15 yrs it does not deteriorate like propane junk hose does, and after some research come to find out even the clear vinyl hardware hose is perfectly suitable for propane. Both my Cat heaters are plumbed w/ clear vinyl for 7 years now.
The sad part,.....what people don't know, cost them a lot of money !
Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II

Jnbaun
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. The propane dealer that I have used for 30 years is no longer around. They were always my go to and I really didnโ€™t know of any others. I found a couple between home and work so Iโ€™ll try that tomorrow.
Thanks Again

Bert_the_Welder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Damm, if you had only got that on video! Love to see the face of that little bugger when that popped!!
Not braided, but perhaps your local welding supply house will have propane torch hose and you'll only need barb's and clamps for the splice. If we're lucky, California will not have messed with what they make welding torch hoses out of, unlike edible hippie hoses they have in vehicles now.
But do be careful "rigging" up a hose for flamable gas. :E
:h 1998 GMC 2500, 10.5 Okanagan, My better/smarter half, George and Finnegan(APBT), all I need.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Custom Hoses in/near Ridley PA
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe you could use two 3 foot dryer connectors. Scroll down on this page to dryer connectors and they have multiple lengths to 5 feet. You may have to adapt ends. I'm sure there is something out there. Good luck.
dryer connector
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand