cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A&E by Dometic window awning

Mr__Pinky
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know of a source to find a replacement awning other than Dometic? I called Dometic, started out as #11 on the phone waiting list, and after an hour I was at #3 and guess what? I got cut off!! Long story short, I never got through to get any info.

I am looking for a replacement for the small window awning on the passenger side on my 2004 Dutch Star 3810 (approx. 48"). It is not power operated, just manual. I checked with CW and it seems all they have are generic.

Any help will be appreciated
"STUFF" HAPPENS, GET OVER IT
6 REPLIES 6

dtgunner7
Explorer
Explorer
scbwr: I have acrylic fabric we have two full and the others are the longer,wish we had longer on all... Sorry I don't get on site that often because of the bull s----

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
dtgunner7 wrote:
Check with Shade Pro, I have 8 window awnings from them and they are Great to work with!!

I'm considering getting a couple of awnings from Shade Pro. Did you get the vinyl or acrylic fabric? By any chance did you get the full view type? I'd appreciate any thoughts or advice. My inclination is to spend the difference and get the acrylic.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

dtgunner7
Explorer
Explorer
Check with Shade Pro, I have 8 window awnings from them and they are Great to work with!!

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Dometic does not sell awnings to the public. You have to go thru an Authorized Dometic Retailer. Most RV service centers/Dealers should be able to get any Dometic awning you need. Doug

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
John Wayne wrote:
Check with I think it's tough tops. They made the replacement material for my slide out awning and I'm satisfied with the material and workmanship. Just need to send them the measurements and web site tells you how to do that.

I would not choose their material for a window awning. We got all our slide toppers, and main awning replaced at their facility last year, and have had nothing but problems

The anchor point where the awning material meets up with the metal roller isnโ€™t woven tight enough, and all 3 they replaced, when it rains, water comes through the material edge and drips down the underside. Also, he cut both slide toppers materials too short, and when it rains, water pours off the sides into any open windows

The material is very sticky, and wrinkly. We are extremely dissatisfied with our awnings. He was supposed to replace them last month, but we couldnโ€™t go to his shop this year due to Covid

So, long story short, we went there due to recommendations, but donโ€™t make the same mistake

We found Dometic Acrylic Window awnings online several years ago and installed 3 of them ourselves on our old 5โ€™r

Dometic is very backed up due to Covid, but they are mostly back to work and production should be screaming again soon. We are waiting for awning struts from them
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

John_Wayne
Explorer
Explorer
Check with I think it's tough tops. They made the replacement material for my slide out awning and I'm satisfied with the material and workmanship. Just need to send them the measurements and web site tells you how to do that.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH