cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ram Short Bed best slideer hitch

5thwheeltowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Hello I have a 2016 dodge ram with cummins diesel and short bed towing a 35rlts Jayco somewhere I have contacted the cab on the left side never heard it hit have been towing this trailer and truck since 2017 and never had a problem but somewhere I have contacted the cab so I need to correct the problem with a slider hitch want to know which one to purchase.
8 REPLIES 8

TravelinDog
Explorer
Explorer
I don't own a 5er yet but it is the plan. Anyway I personally ALWAYS look at the spot where I'll be backing into with my trailer. What is so hard about unlatching a manual lever on a slider when you get out to look over your intended spot?
I had to get out of my truck to lock the manual hubs for 30+ years. Unfortunately we as a society have gotten so lazy we can't even have manual levers for our transfer cases anymore or adjust our mirrors by hand either.
Just say no to the payload police :C

Kampfirekid
Explorer
Explorer
I do not own a fiver now, but am looking at options as we are considering upgrading in the near future. The way I look at it. The cost of the Pullrite over manual sliders is the cost substantially less than a cab and rear window repair if you forget to unlatch a manual slider, or are forced to I tighter turn than you realized. Better to be prepared for the likelihood youโ€™ll probably forget to unlatch a manual.
2019 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew. 5โ€“/2 foot bed. 3.0L Powerstroke,
Loaded. 2020 K-Z Connect SE 241BHKSE

I used my Pullrite Superglide for 12+ flawless years..

Anyone NEEDING a slider should look at how they operate, pricey, but worth every penny.... In my Eyes, at least
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
JKJavelin wrote:
Pullrite and Demco seem to be the top 2 automatic sliders. I have the Demco and it's been great.
JK

My DEMCO Hijacker 18K experienced a major failure when 30 months old. I had to replace about 75% of the hitch's components (1000 miles from home).

DEMCO was great as they over-nighted all parts to me at no cost even though it was out of warranty. However, I think the failure may have been a result of a design deficiency, and would not buy another one. A single major failure was enough for me to move on to another brand if I should ever need a new hitch.
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pullrite and Demco seem to be the top 2 automatic sliders. I have the Demco and it's been great.
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
What is the trailer GVWR. Length and brand doesn't tell us much.

IMO PullRite Superglide is at the top of the heap in auto sliders.

I have a '03 2500 Dodge/Cummins short bed and use a old 16K Reese manual slider since the truck was new. My trailer is a old '97 model 32' long with flat square front corner profile.
My hitch is set up zero over the trucks rear axle so I get the full 11" of travel aft with the hitch.
I don't need it around fuel stops.
However when I pull into the camp ground and come to the first stop I flip the slide lever handle. The pin slides 11" behind the truck rear axle which creates less steering input while backing.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

southernsky
Explorer
Explorer
Pullrite auto slider has worked for us for 10 yrs. Heavy but piece of mind. Look for a good used one they go for less the half price of a new one.
2022 Renegade Super C
2020 Ford Ranger 4x4 Sport

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'll recommend an auto-slider. Especially since you don't know when you did it. It could have been turning into or maneuvering around in a tight gas station. With an auto-slider it becomes a non-issue at all times. I've been using a PullRite Superglide for 10 years with no issues. If I were looking today I would check out a few of the newer brands that have come out over the years.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500