Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Around the Campfire: For all you carpenters
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Humor/Jokes

> For all you carpenters

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
cewillis

Tucson, az, usa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/07/20 08:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reminds my of a construction worker I know, who wasn't great with English. He said "too short - very impossible to fix".
(not really - just start over with a new piece)

Cal

Guy Roan

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/20 02:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

way2roll wrote:

Measure twice, cuss once.

I had a heck of time installing crown molding in our house. Seems like every 4 or 5 cuts, the upside down and backwards cuts got the best of me and when I went to put it up had the angle backwards. That gets expensive after while.

You have that right. I think crown molding at corner joints with it's compound angles is the trickiest molding to install. I won't even try it. I just use any molding that is flush with both the wall and the ceiling.

Guy

larry barnhart

wenatchee. wa usa

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/20 03:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Guy Roan wrote:

All right, how many of you have screwed and cut wrong when it comes to 26" vs. 29" or 36" vs 39 ", etc. ????
Needless to say, today I was Installing laminate flooring !

Guy
I know this is true. When you see a carpenter that seems to do great work it is because he has screwed up many times and learned from that experience. PS I was a long cutter but not much.

chevman

chevman
2021 Jayco Hawk 28RL
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

larry barnhart

wenatchee. wa usa

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/20 03:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Guy Roan wrote:

way2roll wrote:

Measure twice, cuss once.

I had a heck of time installing crown molding in our house. Seems like every 4 or 5 cuts, the upside down and backwards cuts got the best of me and when I went to put it up had the angle backwards. That gets expensive after while.

You have that right. I think crown molding at corner joints with it's compound angles is the trickiest molding to install. I won't even try it. I just use any molding that is flush with both the wall and the ceiling.

Guy
Crown molding would be much easier if everything was perfect. Not going to happen very many times. chevman

miltvill

Ft. Lauderdale FL

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/20 06:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have honey bees and make my own equipment (bee hive boxes). I have so many boards that were cut wrong. Then I realized the book I was getting my instructions from had the wrong measurements. Now there is a updated version of the same book with the correct measurements in it.

2020 GMC Denali\Duramax 3500HD Dually Crew Cab
Sold-Trail Cruiser TC23QB

Jetstreamer

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/20 03:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

miltvill wrote:

I have honey bees and make my own equipment (bee hive boxes). I have so many boards that were cut wrong. Then I realized the book I was getting my instructions from had the wrong measurements. Now there is a updated version of the same book with the correct measurements in it.

Yes reminds me of some plans I had bought a number of years ago...For an Apple cider press...When I finally got around to building it several years later I called up the author of the plans to make sure there were no mistakes found in the dimensions.
Of course he said there were no changes and when I started the project I ran across several measurement errors in the plans which involved a bunch frustrating fixing.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 08/09/20 06:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not a carpenter deal. Years back the state was to widen a highway. One of the early steps was relocate the big underground power line. Next spring we came in to cut the grade for roadbed. When the loader bucket hit the line, the mushroom cloud was about 50 ft tall, and a large area, including 2 hospitals went dark. From what I heard the mistake was because of plans drawn in feet and tenths, and the work done in meters.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Humor/Jokes

> For all you carpenters
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.