Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Leather Sofa Or Fabric Sofa?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Leather Sofa Or Fabric Sofa?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Guy Roan

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/20 02:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Get fabric, if you will be in the hot part of the country.
Unless you keep your rv real cool, you'll sweat as some one else above stated.

Guy

jefjam7812

NY

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/20 02:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

All types of sofas are suitable for at least 10 years. Now, Your confusion about leather sofa and fabric sofa, then just know one thing, Leather sofas are made from real leather, which is more durable and comfortable. Also at the same time, it cost too high. Whereas, Fabric sofas are the man made sofas. They are less comfortable as compared to leather sofas and also cost less. I found one guide over internet. You can refer to it.
Also, there are large variety of choices and colors are available in fabric sofas ( due to man made ). Hence, I always recommend Fabric Sofas.

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/20 03:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No offense, but the blanket statement that "They (cloth covered sofas) are less comfortable as compared to leather sofas", is one person's opinion, not shared by many, many people. The comfort of a sofa, or chair, is based on much more than just the covering material.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

davis1296q

United States

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/20 03:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bucky wrote:

Leather but make sure that it is real leather. The faux stuff fails quickly.
If no kids are involved consider fabric but accidents do happen.

Is there any way or process to check that is real leather or not?

Pawz4me

North Carolina

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/20 05:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We don't consider anything other than leather. I'm huge on cleanliness, and being able to wipe off leather furniture is a wonderful thing. I wipe ours down every few months and see how much grime comes off on the rag, and then I think how filthy most cloth furniture that rarely/never gets cleaned must be. I'll pass.

Me, DH and Yogi (Shih Tzu)
2017 Winnebago Travato 59K

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/20 05:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pawz4me wrote:

We don't consider anything other than leather. I'm huge on cleanliness, and being able to wipe off leather furniture is a wonderful thing. I wipe ours down every few months and see how much grime comes off on the rag, and then I think how filthy most cloth furniture that rarely/never gets cleaned must be. I'll pass.
Since I'm a Collie owner I like real leather for that very reason. Have leather in the house as well. It's more money and a matter of personal preference.

I suggest you get what you like best, everyone's tastes are different.

I would also suggest residential furniture if you have room and can get it inside the door. A lot more comfortable and usually more durable.

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/07/20 06:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Davis1296q, are you asking for furniture for your rv or your personal residence?

cptqueeg

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/20 08:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pawz4me wrote:

Actually upholstered furniture is cleaned as necessary and can be cleaned more thoroughly than a quick wipe of leather chair or couch. Leather is porous and the dirt and oils penetrates the surface and therefore untouchable w a quick wipe.

I've found the best solution to having upholstery cleaned is to have the carpet cleaner do it w their truck mounted steam and vacuum system. If the piece has all removable cushions they can also be dry cleaned or machine washed depending on the fabric. If the actual cushion filling is soiled they can also be replaced.

trb46

Central Kentucky

View Profile

Posted: 08/07/20 08:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do you have pets? Could make a difference in your choice of leather or fabric.

hokeypokey

xxx

View Profile

Posted: 08/08/20 07:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have real leather. It’s nice looking but I don’t like it. Pillows don’t stay where they should & that bothers me.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Leather Sofa Or Fabric Sofa?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.