cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone visit Yosemite Upper Pines lately?

SFVdave
Explorer
Explorer
We were wondering what’s going on in Yosemite these days? We have reservations next month for Upper Pines. Are visitors wearing masks and keeping social distancing in the campground , Curry and the village market and visitor center? We are very high risk due in part to recent surgeries and age (70+). We need to get out but not at the expense of our lives. Anyone been there lately and what are your observations?
6 REPLIES 6

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good decision. This is the view of the valley from Yosemite Falls a few minutes ago:

Click For Full-Size Image.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

SFVdave
Explorer
Explorer
So we canceled our reservation for this week. The reports of smoke and the Covid19 made us have second thoughts. We never have a problem getting into a spot with our 27’ as we have our favorite spots that we fit perfectly. Yes those spots in Lower Pines are tough to get into and looping them always has branches scrapping the sides. We usually stay on the main road and try for the double sites near the front.

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
All I can say about the Pines, upper or lower, is be careful about sites that say they can handle a big rigs. I got a site in the lower pines that said it was for 40'. I was lucky to get into the site with my 38 foot fifth wheel. If the site across had been occupied when we arrived and again when we left we could not have managed.

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
It's Yo Semite!

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
No - but I bought the T-Shirt online from their store...
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
California state mandates require wearing masks in ANY public building. That would include the market and Village Center. As for the campgrounds themselves, you are on your own. We returned from a 3,000 mile trip a week ago. 99% of the people we encountered while hiking stayed clear of us, as we did them. Only 10-15% wore masks while hiking, mostly elderly people. All gas station attendants, ect., ***** masks also.