Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Which sewer hose?

Ruyack
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I am new to the world of travel trailers (and this forum)!

I purchased a 2019 Salem 26 dble. How do I know what kind of sewer hose I need?

I Googled it and all these sewer hoses popped up, but none of the ads mention my specific camper.

Thanks for your help! I'm looking forward to being part of this community!
14 REPLIES 14

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
My Rhino is great but not without a learning experience. Since the parts all screw together in a different direction at the point of application, they can accidentally come loose and spill contents onto your shoes and elsewhere. Please don't ask. ๐Ÿ˜ž
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

camperdave
Explorer
Explorer
I don't like the clear elbows. I've dumped enough to know when it's done, I don't need to see it happening lol.

I have an el-cheapo hose for dump stations, and a Rhino Flex (2, actually) for hook up sites. I don't really care for the rhino for quick dumps, it's a little harder to handle.

I have connectors on both ends of all hoses so I can connect them all together if needed into one long hose. It also means I can connect them to themselves after use to eliminate any smell (I store them in a large plastic tub in a storage compartment, connecting them to themselves keeps everything clean in there). Once back home, I can do a good rinse and cleaning if needed.
2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, as. stated above, sewer hoses are universal.

Added suggestion, get a transparent hose fittings. You don't want to have an accident removing the hose prematurely while those nasty fluid is still going down. Have fun. too pointing and teasing the wifey that that solid thingy going down. is hers.

the_e-man
Explorer
Explorer
Ruyack wrote:
Hello,

I am new to the world of travel trailers (and this forum)!

I purchased a 2019 Salem 26 dble. How do I know what kind of sewer hose I need?

I Googled it and all these sewer hoses popped up, but none of the ads mention my specific camper.

Thanks for your help! I'm looking forward to being part of this community!

Hi Ruyak,

Great question on the sewer hose. You are in the right place to learn.

There are several brands that make good sewer hoses. Rhinoflex is a good choice. So is Thetford Titan. Since every campsite is different, I find it is helpful to have options. I currently have a Thetford Titan 20 foot kit. It has two 10 foot hoses that connect together. I also kept my older Rhinoflex 15 foot hose as a spare.

Many recommend having a clear or semi-clear elbow so you can better see the flow.

Most people store their hose in their bumper. However, one thing I've found is that some of the better hoses have bigger connectors which means they may not fit in the bumper. Test your hose to ensure it fits before using it. If you really like a hose but find it doesn't fit in the bumper, you can install a sewer hose storage tube under the camper. Valterra makes a good one.

For a hose to work well, it needs to angle down from the camper to the sewer connection. Many people find having a support, like the Camco sidewinder, to be helpful.

For pictures and a description of our setup, check out Sewer Hose Setup.
2018 Grand Design Transcend 28MKS
2010 Ram 2500
Travel Trail Sail - Info on Travel Planning, RV Camping, Outdoor Living

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had a Rhino for nearly 4 years, it just gave up, luckily while setting up! I ended up buying what they had at the campground as we were nearly an hour down the mountain to the nearest Walmart. Luckily it was a Camco Revolution kit which seems to have good reviews so I should be good for a few more years ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

Roadtrippin
Explorer
Explorer
Rhino.. Cheap hoses will expand and serpentine at any opportunity even when placed in a bridge. Rhinos stay tight and straight. Wish I went Rhino sooner.
2018 Fleetwood STORM 32A

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
do it right, get either a sewer solution, or macerator pump and make a nasty job easy.
bumpy

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
jotityra wrote:
Just don't get a cheap one. you are dealing with raw sewage here and you don't want some cheap hose to have holes pop up or spring leaks around the fittings. Sometimes you may need more than 1 Hose too. I've been places where I've used all 20' of hose. I picked up the Camco RhinoFLEX 20ft RV Sewer Hose Kit last time. It comes with the 90 degree elbow and adapter for the sewer dump. I like that you can bend it pretty much how you want to and it stays in that position. If you don't have a slunky get one of those too.

Rhino FLEX are great. I have a 15' and a 10' length hoses.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
Get a Rhino hose. All the RVs have the same sewer connection.

X3
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:

X3
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using Rhino for many years with great results. Don't go cheap. Was camping with a friend last week and his cheap sewer line disconnected at the elbow into the drain. Glad it was just bath water. You're trailer connections are universal and no different than any one else.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad

jotityra
Explorer
Explorer
Just don't get a cheap one. you are dealing with raw sewage here and you don't want some cheap hose to have holes pop up or spring leaks around the fittings. Sometimes you may need more than 1 Hose too. I've been places where I've used all 20' of hose. I picked up the Camco RhinoFLEX 20ft RV Sewer Hose Kit last time. It comes with the 90 degree elbow and adapter for the sewer dump. I like that you can bend it pretty much how you want to and it stays in that position. If you don't have a slunky get one of those too.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH. Towing with a 2020 F150 supercrew 4x4 with a 5.0L V8 and 3.55 rear end

scotty46
Explorer
Explorer
To may knowledge they are all a universal fit.