cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keeping door under awning dry

Hammerboy
Explorer
Explorer
Many Rvs these days have a slide out immediately to the left of the door into the unit, mine included where the awning ends about the edge of the door. Has anyone come up with a good solution to "extend" a dry spot by the door when it is raining?

Thanks
Dan
2019 Chevy crew LTZ 2500 HD Duramax
2017 Wildcat 29rlx fifth wheel
5 REPLIES 5

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
How about a door awning-- many types and styles available https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIYCoR1k4YY
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Golf umbrella? Good suggestion!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

AVid
Explorer
Explorer
I open a large golf umbrella and set it up on the awning and adjacent slide.

I have Been trying to come up with something quick and easy for years now,,, nothing so far.

Let us know if you find something easy on and off
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in the proverbial same boat. I would have to keep the door pinned perpendicular to the side of the trailer to keep the rain from getting it wet. The only thing I could suggest is adding a couple feet of awning track at the top of the trailer and have a 3 foot wide piece of awning that you could slide in and then attach it with awning alligator clips on one side and a collapsing tent pole on the other. Kind of redneck, but it may work.