cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Covid has not stopped the Off Road Motorhomes

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
This is one of 7 Off Road Expedition Motorhome manufacturers in the Australian state of Queensland. Unidan does Motorhones on Unimogs. They had a FB forum on the most Off Road capable Caravan, 53 manufacturers were listed.! Off Road is big in Australia Covid or otherwiseUnidan Website

15 REPLIES 15

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
pauldub wrote:
azdryheat wrote:
Wonder what's with the two spine boards?

Those are MaxTrax recovery boards for when you're stuck in sand.

Thdy are from an Australian aftermaket supplier

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
pauldub wrote:
azdryheat wrote:

You may have been had....

Gary
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
bobndot wrote:
RobertRyan wrote:
bobndot wrote:
People that work in Australia must get paid very well. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yes with people not being able to go overseas, RV production has gone up using online ordering

Yes, I think its been a good rv sales year all over. At 50% capacity its difficult getting a campsite in the U.S.

They certainly look beefy.
I worry about tree branches scratching my rv while riding dirt roads, I guess if I owned one of those units I would worry about taking down the entire tree as well as the stump. :B

Same peoblems you have with tall Class C'sand A's branches and low overpasses

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
memtb wrote:
Thatโ€™s what a class c or similar classification should look like! Thatโ€™s how you RV camp! memtb

Yes, these are made for extreme Off Road, most take them around Australia or take them overseas
Contrary to what you think Australia is much more urbanised than the US. As a result we have a lot of the country to explore.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
gbopp wrote:
If they were sold in the USA probably most people would buy them and drive on the Interstate Highways. Maybe occasionally take walk on the wild side and drive on a dirt road.
We like to baby our toys. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yeah ... you're right on the money with that!

I don't know about babying our toys, but one big difference between spending the big bucks for a rig to go offroad with in N.A. vs. in Austrailia might be related to the amount of land to do it on -> with very little other folks around you while you're doing it.

Divide Austrailia's square kilometres of land by it's population and you get a real low density number to interfer with when and where one can go to get away from it all.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:
garyhaupt wrote:
If any of you N.A. RV'rs are looking at these and thinking..'I need one of them'....and then go looking at prices...a bit of shell shock. There is an alternative. If you Google 4x4 conversion shops..or something like that, you will find there are several that are well known and do excellent work. If you are looking? Ask them if they will do the work on an older c. Rather than buying new, you buy (or use the one you have) the one with the floor plan that works for you and have the conversion done. HUGE dollar savings.

There is a shop in Kamloops BC, Sportsman Light Truck,..they did mine. Probably 25,000 -30,000 now..on the bright side, remember that the CDN-US dollar is a major win.

Gary Haupt

Gary Haupt similar conversions here to what you got. Some people like buying High end Class A's others much cheaper Class C's. Depends on what you want to do

A small Japanese Bus been converted into a 4x4 Motorhome

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
garyhaupt wrote:
If any of you N.A. RV'rs are looking at these and thinking..'I need one of them'....and then go looking at prices...a bit of shell shock. There is an alternative. If you Google 4x4 conversion shops..or something like that, you will find there are several that are well known and do excellent work. If you are looking? Ask them if they will do the work on an older c. Rather than buying new, you buy (or use the one you have) the one with the floor plan that works for you and have the conversion done. HUGE dollar savings.

There is a shop in Kamloops BC, Sportsman Light Truck,..they did mine. Probably 25,000 -30,000 now..on the bright side, remember that the CDN-US dollar is a major win.

Gary Haupt

Gary Haupt similar conversions here to what you got. Some people like buying High end Class A's others much cheaper Class C's. Depends on what you want to do

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
Thatโ€™s what a class c or similar classification should look like! Thatโ€™s how you RV camp! memtb
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
If they were sold in the USA probably most people would buy them and drive on the Interstate Highways. Maybe occasionally take walk on the wild side and drive on a dirt road.
We like to baby our toys. ๐Ÿ™‚

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
RobertRyan wrote:
bobndot wrote:

Yes with people not being able to go overseas, RV production has gone up using online ordering

Yes, I think its been a good rv sales year all over. At 50% capacity its difficult getting a campsite in the U.S.

They certainly look beefy.
I worry about tree branches scratching my rv while riding dirt roads, I guess if I owned one of those units I would worry about taking down the entire tree as well as the stump. :B

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
bobndot wrote: