cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What ONE feature do you really like/want in your next RV ?

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Primarily aimed at TT and 5ers, but motorhome owners are welcome to join in !
57 REPLIES 57

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
I-Can-Am-Can-You wrote:
Leakproof and maintenance-free.
This goes along with my wish, A seamless roof.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

w4phj
Explorer
Explorer
A working fuel level gauge, My sender unit failed a long time ago.
2021 Winnebago View 24J
2021 Ram pick up
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ham Radio Extra Class Volunteer Examiner
FAA A&P License

1969 Plymouth Road Runner

obiwancanoli
Explorer
Explorer
PA12DRVR wrote:
Full size (i.e. residential -size) fridge / freezer.

For my prior use of mostly 1 -2 week stays at State Parks with connections to host family, this was the best feature of our 39' FW.

- Closely followed by two A/C's, "RV-King" size bed, and a big/easy access storage compartment.

I'd never seen or read anyone mention it, but, If - regardless of your type of RV - space is at a premium, why, then, opt for the largest bed you can't possibly occupy more than 20% of? My thinking would be to have an efficient and comfortable bed - the small RV Queen is OK - and MORE space inside for storage... isn't that right, Spock?

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
Lwiddis wrote:
A four battery capacity metal box on the tongue behind the propane bottles with a bicycle rack on boxโ€™s top. Quality bicycles arenโ€™t carried at the back of a trailer.

we bungee up our 2 hybrid bikes inside the trailer, yeah I don't like the idea of extra weight behind the trailer

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
You buy a car and after 40 years it still does not leak or rot apart. I want an RV like that.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Better insulation would be nice (higher R Factor) and a light colored paint job (Wife picked the one I got now... I'm at a body shop... They understood why) (It is a different but related R factor. Reflection in this case)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dave54
Explorer III
Explorer III
More USB ports

Bigger waste and fresh tanks. I don't have to completely fill the fresh while driving. I can top it off before the last leg into into the boondocking site.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
Retirement, so I can just go...........
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Better quality

modern electronics that actually work

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
AC that can keep up with our hot summers and a residential refrigerator.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
Well we just got ours this year so it'll be awhile. It checked the majority of our "wishlist" items off after experience with toyhaulers.

The one thing I didn't get was being under 30' while still having gen prep as an option. That apparently isn't a thing, so we got the shortest we could find that did have the gen prep (34').
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

Campinghoss
Explorer
Explorer
We have what we want now. After having travel trailers, tents, pop ups and a 40 foot dp motor home we have exactly what we want and this will be our last one.
Honestly we don't want anything different. It did take about two years of searching different makes and floor plans.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

I-Can-Am-Can-Yo
Explorer
Explorer
Leakproof and maintenance-free.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I wish for tires, wheels, spindles, axles, springs and brakes that are not pathetic. After that I could wish for the pretty stuff.