Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get on air tv

someuser001
Explorer
Explorer
I have an integrated tv and dvd system. It’s Jensen

But I cannot get the antenna on air to work. I did a scan but nothing works

I have tried changing the knob on the antenna and doing a channel scan. But that does not work

Any ideas?
9 REPLIES 9

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
OP, you seem to have a habit of asking questions and then never returning to the thread. Are you reading the responses?
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Oh some diagnostic aid (You will need a volt meter

Go toside (Up on the roof or beside it) and with the Ant-Switch OFF (led off) disconnect the cable from teh antenna.

CAREFULLY Attach volt meter leads (You can hold the negative against the sheell of the connector with left hand and Touch the tip of the center wire with the positive lead. DO NOT SHORT wire to nut/shell) have partner turn on and then off. Observe 12 volts on meter (or not) if NOT you have a cable fault.
Such as that connector in the roof I and one other I've worked on had to replace.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
How old is that TV and/or the antenna?
Puma 30RKSS

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
He gone....
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well first. Depending on where you are parked the answer may well be "You don't"

Assuming a winegard Sensar III crank it up. Now there is either a box with many buttons or a "Switch plate" The switch plate has a switch. An LED a 12 volt outlet and an antenna connection.. The light must be ON
On the Box of many buttons (BOMB) or Matrix Switch make sure the power light is on and select ANT for all devices.

Next the TV.. It may have a menu option for ANT-Cable. Again ANT.
And then scan.
rotate antenna about 1/4 turn and re-scan (Take nowes on each scan)
DO this again and again. Pick direction with best results then rotate to peak liek the #2 or #3 station strength wise

Upgrades:
I added teh WINGMAN to my Sensar III and later (after an oopsie) upgraded to a Sensar IV (turned out to be a genuine upgrade)

I also replaced that wall plalt (well in my case added it) with a Sensar PRO which makes the entire Scan and peak bit way way easier.

But there are still place where it just don't work

Possible issues
Been in one RV where there was indeed a wall plate.. but no antenna cables connected to it. Not a one. Prior owner had ripped 'em out

Had mine fail once. At the roof line (in my case IN the roof) is a connection. IT was rusted shot. two new cable ends and a new double female (Barrel) connector and re-seal it up good as new

And the Oopsie I mentioned that ripped it off the RV (ouch) One new cable end and a new head later it was better than new.

OH and of course you need a Modern TV that accepts ATSC not an older analog job

I have a pair of older DVR's they work on Cable and ANALOG ota but not with the modern Digital stuff. So they think they are recording satellite.. In fact the one I'm listening to as I type thinks it is recording Dish Network (DTV Pal by Dish Network uses genuine DISH remote codes) the one in the bedroom has a Zenith/ LG / Insigina adapter and uses different codes.

THe two DVR's are chatty as well (Record on one play back on either or download and carry with you)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Its a powered antenna. you got to turn it on. there is a button near the 12v outlet that turns it on. a green light will come on when you do.. Then you can turn the antenna in any direction you need to.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Old-Biscuit
Explorer
Explorer
Head of antenna needs to be AIMED at TV transponder Tower
Antenna 'Booster' Button needs to be ON for OTA usage
TV Input should be on 'air' 'antenna' etc

Then Auto Scan for channels

Several Antenna TV Tower web locators ....just put location and towers with available channels will be show with compass directions
** or point head of antenna same direction as other campers have theirs

DTV Reception Map
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Did you push the button on the antenna booster? It's likely on your coax connection plate
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Is the “input” selected to over the air? You should have that option plus cable, DVD, HDMI and other. Is the antenna booster on?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad