cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fan Motor 2007 Mandalay 40B

ldoughtie
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 Mandalay 40B, class A motor home that was manufactured on a Freightliner chassis by Four Winds. It has a 400 ISL Cummins diesel engine. The fan motor is leaking oil. The local Freightliner says the part, number DAF1212600200, is not available and neither is the alternate part number DAF121252590C. There is no projected date of availability. Help!!! What does one do in a situation like this? I realize the coach is older but still in very good condition with only 75,500 miles. Thanks tons and God bless.
6 REPLIES 6

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Agree, a hydraulic shop install new seals or a complete rebuild (rebuild unlikely to be needed).
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Bruce_Brown
Stop leak is just a band-aid, not a fix. Get it to a hydraulic shop and get it fixed right.

We rebuild hydraulic pumps and motors at my real job, your fan motor should be an easy fix.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

ldoughtie
Explorer
Explorer
I looked at the one on ebay, thanks. However, I am trying to find a hydraulic shop and one person recommended tying Lucas Stop Leak. Has anyone has experience with this product? Seems to be very effective on power steering systems and even small engines???

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here is a new one on eBay sold by Arkansas diesel service.

Branson_N_Tucso
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try Visone salvage yard in Ky. Phone 606843-9889.
Web site www.visonerv.com
They ship parts.

Flute_Man
Explorer
Explorer
If I were you I would see how about getting the motor rebuilt. A good hydraulic shop should be able to take apart put a new seals and make it good as new.
Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
Jrparr32@gmail.com
602-321-8141
Full-timer