Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Chalet TS116 Experiance
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Chalet TS116 Experiance

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/20 07:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jaycocreek wrote:

I looked that one up and saw a 2012 for sale..Very nice TC and I love the floorplan..I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

Nice unit.

When are you picking it up or did it sell already? [emoticon] Seriously though, there are a lot of nicer TCs out there. I’m just not feeling enough gain to sell/buy a different one.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

54suds

adk mts.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/20 03:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had an 2012 Chalet Ascent for- very -short time- a new and then quckley traded , reason : "fast"couldnt repair leaks fast enough & zero factory responce

2020 Chev 6.6 (GAS) lt regular cab ,drw,4x/torklift tdn's,
1999 Bigfoot 1011

wildman4x4

Cle Elum

View Profile

Posted: 09/04/20 04:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for everyone's replies about the Chalet campers.

I'm still in the looking mode right now so I haven't decided on any one camper.

If I could swing it I would LOVE to have a Host camper and am watching a few used units right now. Of course I would love to get a NEW unit but the Yukon camper I spec'd out was just over $90K. That shocked me......[emoticon] But I had all the bells and whistles on it also.

It has been a few years since I have looked but I was not overly impressed with the Eagle Cap campers I looked at compared to a Host.
If I was looking at a Eagle Cap I would go for the 1165 floorplan over the 1200 floorplan.

I've pretty much decided I am getting a triple slide unit no matter which brand I get. And I know that I want the side entry style over the rear entry.

Here is the TS116 that is currently for sale.

https://www.rvt.com/Chalet-RV-Chalet-TS116-2013-Mcminnville-OR-ID8836487-UX249303

* This post was edited 09/04/20 04:36am by wildman4x4 *

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/04/20 06:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hope you have or are willing to buy a truck that will handle the load. Depending on accessories the wet weight of that camper is well over 4000# and could easily hit 4500#. Add a couple of passengers and gear and the weight is going to be in the 6000# range. That is way beyond what I would want to carry for a 350/3500 dual wheel drive.

wildman4x4

Cle Elum

View Profile

Posted: 09/05/20 09:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JimK-NY wrote:

I hope you have or are willing to buy a truck that will handle the load. Depending on accessories the wet weight of that camper is well over 4000# and could easily hit 4500#. Add a couple of passengers and gear and the weight is going to be in the 6000# range. That is way beyond what I would want to carry for a 350/3500 dual wheel drive.

I have a truck that will carry the weight. I wouldn't be looking at these campers if I didn't have a rig that could carry it. But thanks for your concern.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Chalet TS116 Experiance
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.