Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Dish Network Satellite Question
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Dish Network Satellite Question

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
mchero

Henniker, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/14/20 09:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I can't answer any of your questions. Hopefully somebody with more knowledge will chime in. You could also ask questions in the satellite forums on-line.

Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/14/20 06:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Only a home style antenna with the Pro Plus LNB can feed the 2 signals via a single coax to the DISH splitter and feed tuner 1 and 2.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/20 06:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

Only a home style antenna with the Pro Plus LNB can feed the 2 signals via a single coax to the DISH splitter and feed tuner 1 and 2.

thank you.
bumpy

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/20 12:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

Thank You

This Dish 1000.2 claims to be DPP. Will this work with my 322?
Would you recommend something different?
What is the likelihood of finding a known functioning DPP LNB for my old dish I posted? I have found some used, condition unknown, on the internet but I really don't want to roll the dice on them.

* This post was edited 08/15/20 12:34pm by 2112 *

2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens, PullRite SuperGlide 2700 15K
2013 KZ Durango 2857

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/15/20 06:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DPP=Dish Pro Plus. Exactly what you need. Most any DISH LNB should fit your existing antenna arm.

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/20 06:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for everyone's help with this.

I had an Aha! moment yesterday evening. I think I can use the RG-59 cable currently installed to pull 2 RG-6 cables to the back of my receiver. It's about a 15' pull. I removed the covers on both ends of the cable and can pull the cable without much resistance. I'm going to try this 1st.

It might be better to tie my fish tape onto the RG-59, pull that through. And then use the fish tape to pull through the RG-6.

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/20 03:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2112 wrote:

Thanks for everyone's help with this.

I had an Aha! moment yesterday evening. I think I can use the RG-59 cable currently installed to pull 2 RG-6 cables to the back of my receiver. It's about a 15' pull. I removed the covers on both ends of the cable and can pull the cable without much resistance. I'm going to try this 1st.

It might be better to tie my fish tape onto the RG-59, pull that through. And then use the fish tape to pull through the RG-6.

but didn't Bill say you only needed one cable for your dual receiver? and for a reasonably short distance wouldn't RG 59 work, at least to try before pulling new wire?
bumpy

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/20 05:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What I've learned (correct me if I'm wrong Bill): My 322 receiver is a Dish Pro Plus (DPP) compatible receiver. DPP allows me to feed 2 receivers with a single cable coming from the dish. However, the dish LNB must be DPP compatible as well. Mine is not [emoticon]
I'll need a second cable going into the camper if I want to watch 2 TVs using the dish and receiver I have. If I'm pulling a second cable, using the existing cable as a pull cord, I might as well pull RG-6. I need to buy some to run to the dish anyway.

It seems my options are:
1) Buy a DPP LNB and mast for my old dish and hope I can get it to work
2) Buy a new dish with the proper DPP LNB
3) Run a second cable into the camper to connect to the TV2 input on the receiver. Connect a second cable from the dish to this new cable.
4) Replace receiver with Hopper/Joey (Don't know if my dish is compatible)
5) Do nothing and be happy with sat on 1 TV

I'm OK with #5 but I'm going to try #3

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/17/20 06:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can power ONE receiver with ONE coax. However, if you have a dual tuner receiver like the 322 you can power both tuners with a single coax and the correct splitter. If you want to power 2 receivers then you need 2 coax cables.

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/20 12:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

You can power ONE receiver with ONE coax. However, if you have a dual tuner receiver like the 322 you can power both tuners with a single coax and the correct splitter. If you want to power 2 receivers then you need 2 coax cables.

OK, I am getting confused with tuner vs receiver. his one receiver the 322 , with two tuners can run with one coax with proper splitter. if he wants to run two receivers (separate boxes) he needs two cables. I was considering the 322 to be a dual/two receivers, incorrectly. that's why my handle is not "bumpy.satellite" [emoticon]
bumpy

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Dish Network Satellite Question
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.