cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Strongback Chairs

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used a Strongback folding chair? They are expensive, and I am wondering how comfortable and durable they are.
4 REPLIES 4

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
We have a couple of Strongback chairs and they are very comfortable, but the feet could not take my weight on soft ground and the one that said that they don't sell parts is correct. I milled one new foot out of an aluminum billet. That was too much work and I now have to replace another.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
we like these. practically indestructable. bought two in 1986, had one stolen a few years later, bought a replacement and have had both since. we replaced the canvas on the original chair 25-years ago due to a small hole created by yours truly.

ZipDee Chairs
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Your screw story reminds me of the story my mother told

The customer was making repair and lost a washer. Standard washer you can get at any hardware... The Customer service rep told them that "But it's not blue" Well the OEM was not blue either till we painted it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

wgriswold
Explorer
Explorer
We have used two for years. Very comfortable with significant lower back support.

I left them with the trailer and yesterday, on a picnic, we sat in our older chairs that are superficially the same as the Strongback and my latest task from my wife is to get the Strongback chairs home.

The only negative is their customer support. The screw came loose and was lost that attached the cup holder to the chair. I called Strongback and their response was that they do not supply parts for their chairs. That was several years ago. Maybe they are better now.
2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
Arctic Fox 25Y