Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: refrigerator door prop
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> refrigerator door prop

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/13/20 06:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My daughter just uses some rolled up cardboard for a spacer and holds it in place with a strip of masking tape.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/20 07:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use towels, but the OP wanted suggestions on how to keep the doors ajar instead of fully open. Towels work to keep them cracked but not sure how they would work to keep the doors from coming all the way open.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

rk911

DuPage County

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/13/20 07:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garmp wrote:

Our new RV is great, but one draw back the fridge/freezer door has no catch to hold the door slightly ajar during storage. Any ideas on what to use. Can't use the magnet type, all plastic. Our storage parking spot is on a slight cant and the door swings open is not secured. Tried to contact Norcold, but no reply, to see if they could suggest something. It will be a while before we put it in storage, but don't want to wait till the last minute.
Thoughts, remedies, ideas, links, any help is appreciated.

thanks

place a dish towel between the door and body of the fridge.

Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/20 08:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rk911 wrote:

garmp wrote:

Our new RV is great, but one draw back the fridge/freezer door has no catch to hold the door slightly ajar during storage. Any ideas on what to use. Can't use the magnet type, all plastic. Our storage parking spot is on a slight cant and the door swings open is not secured. Tried to contact Norcold, but no reply, to see if they could suggest something. It will be a while before we put it in storage, but don't want to wait till the last minute.

thanks

How will that keep the door from being open completely? I'm not sure I'm visualizing that correctly.

rk911

DuPage County

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/13/20 09:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

rk911 wrote:

garmp wrote:

thanks

How will that keep the door from being open completely? I'm not sure I'm visualizing that correctly.

no, i misread your OP. what i've done at the end of the season is wad up number of newspaper pages and stuff them in the fridge and freezer and then close the doors. the paper inhibits mold and mildew. but that may not be practical for in-between trips. why not just let the door swing open? open is open.

* This post was edited 08/13/20 09:41pm by rk911 *

CharlesinGA

South of Atlanta, Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/20 09:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MitchF150 wrote:

My 2019 Rockwood came with this fridge door clip things. At first, I didn't know what the heck they were!

[image]

But, since they were in the fridge when I found them, figured they were for it

Played around with them and figured out they fit this way.

[image]

So, here is how they work. The leave a gap in the door and so far as worked great.

You have a Dometic fridge, OP has a Norcold, those won't work. Norcold I am familiar with (N611 model) have a little slider at the door handles that holds the door about 3/8 inch open.

Charles

LarryJM

NoVa

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/20 09:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garmp wrote:

thanks

Drap a bath towel folded over several times lengthwise in the freezer and let it hang down between the refer door and the box and that will keep both doors slightly agar.

Cost $0.00[emoticon]

Lerry

* This post was edited 08/13/20 10:03pm by LarryJM *

2001 standard box 7.3L E-350 PSD Van with 4.10 rear and 2007 Holiday Rambler Aluma-Lite 8306S Been RV'ing since 1974.
RAINKAP INSTALL////ETERNABOND INSTALL

LarryJM

NoVa

View Profile

Posted: 08/13/20 10:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

We use towels, but the OP wanted suggestions on how to keep the doors ajar instead of fully open. Towels work to keep them cracked but not sure how they would work to keep the doors from coming all the way open.

Two ways:

1. Make sure the trailer is slightly off level so the doors won't swing open by themselves.

2. Wedge both doors closed on the bath towel just enough so they stay closed --- that will sill allow air to get into both the refer sections.

Larry

Scottiemom

Florida/On the Road

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/20 04:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought and used those plastic door holders one year and they compressed the door seal so much that the door would not stay shut the next season. Now I clean out the fridge, leave the door open till it is completely dry, then close it up. You can put crumbled up newspaper in it if you like, but it isn't necessary as long as it is completely dry.

Dale

Dale Pace
Wife to Terry (Teacher's Pet)
2006 Tiffin Phaeton 40'(Phaeton Place)
2014 Ford Flex
2004 R-Vision Trail-lite 213 (MinnieMee)
Fulltiming since 2005

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/
Where are we?

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/20 04:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I always store part of a bag of charcoal in the fridge when storing camper.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> refrigerator door prop
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.