cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Battery Charger

Jay58
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know where the battery charger is on the 2020 Jayco Precept. Need to find out if it is good for lithium batteries
2020 Jayco Precept 34G

Central Florida (East Coast)
4 REPLIES 4

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your RV should have come with something like a Serial Number Data Sheet" in your documentation packet. If so, it will list the make and model of your converter/charger. You can then research that model and see if it is lithium compatible. Chances are extremely low that it is, though.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Depending on your floor plan, they usually locate it under the rear bed. UNLESS you have a full wall slideout on the drivers side. If your 12 volt fuses and 120 breakers are mounted onto the base of the rear bed, then the Converter is located there under the bed. You have to remove the wood panel covers after you lift up the bed. I don't believe any of the gas and towable Jayco's have a compatible Converter for Lithiums. Believe it or not, the Hi end Airstream Trailers do not have compatible Converters for Lithium(at least 2020 and older). Their Touring Coaches do. You just re program the Inverter/Charger on the Touring Coaches. We had quite a few of our Airstream owners try to swap in Lithiums and they failed within 6 months and NO WARRANTY from the Lithium Makers due to incompatibility of the Converter and Inverter/Charger systems. The customer then had to buy upgraded Lithium compatible Converters and then buy new Lithiums. Expensive lesson. Doug

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does your unit come with lithium batteries, if not I would say no. I looked into them a few years back and decided that it was not my time to get into them. Charger was as much or more than one battery.

But the good side of Lithium is you can go from a 12 battery system down to just 4 batteries for us. The charger took up the space of 4 batteries. We were looking at a place in Phoenix, just don't remember the name right now.

Some reading for you.

https://www.rvweb.net/best-lithium-batteries-for-rv-reviewed/

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
No Jayco experience but one common practice is to combine the charger with the CB or fuse panel. Regardless I'd plan on disabling it and using a know quality charger for Li batteries.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob