cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nice COE campgrounds

Debbie
Explorer
Explorer
I thought I would post some very nice COE campgrounds we have camped at in the last two weeks. First on was in Ozark, AR Aux Arc COE, off of I-40 nice people back in sights some with view of the lake, lots of trees, picnic table long sights.
Second one was on Eufaula Lake, OK called Belle Star. Nice tables and picnic area and spot well manicured lawns etc.

Third - COE Hugo Lake Kiamichi Park. Signs inside park could be better for directing you to cg. But the sites were very nice. Ours overlooked the lake. Our site had table with cover/cement. Nice. Not too much in town. But Mt. Olivet Cemetery where circus famous circus people are buried. Beautiful and unique head stones. Nice.
We also drove to Paris, TX 30 miles south while we were at the COE, to see the Eiffel Tower. We were surprised to see next to the Eiffel tower a Memorial for Military and it was being worked on so we got to talk with the workers. We were very impressed.

We have been pleased to find many COE that have been nicely done. Plus as my husband said nice to have the old man pass discount. $11. night.
I wanna go where I haven't been, but still wanna see what I've seen again!
5 REPLIES 5

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Full disclosure: I did not take this photo, but got it off the web site for the Paris civic center. I did crop it to focus on the tower and the veterans' memorial.

The COE at Airport in Waco is one of our favorites. We have two full service COE campgrounds on Lake 'o The Pines: Brushy Creek and Buckhorn, both near the dam. We prefer COE if they can fit into our timeline and itinerary for a trip.

For a visit to Natchitoches, Louisiana there is a wonderful new campsite called Grand Ecore, north of town which is one of the best. It is not exclusively a COE, but under the Red River Authority.

Here is their website: Grand Ecore

Debbie
Explorer
Explorer
padredw wrote:
Agree completely about COE. We have stayed in a couple of these mentioned. Just thought I'd document the Paris/Eiffel Tower with a photo:

(Veteran's Memorial on the right.)

Great picture. We had the sun and didn't get a great picture. Plus the Veteran's Memorial was impressive.
I wanna go where I haven't been, but still wanna see what I've seen again!

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
We also like COE parks and stay in them often with our pass of course.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
COE parks are our favorites, especially with the geezer pass. As a rule they are the cleanest, best kept up and generally neatest parks we've stayed at in our 49 years of camping. Always first on our list when planning.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Agree completely about COE. We have stayed in a couple of these mentioned. Just thought I'd document the Paris/Eiffel Tower with a photo:

(Veteran's Memorial on the right.)