cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

We camped without George for the first time.

crosscheck
Explorer
Explorer
Last time he made himself usefull was February/2012 at the Thorndike camp, 7600', Death Valley NP. Started snowing, camping overnight before the hike up Telescope Peak. Heavy frost overnight, lots of cloud not much solar and we had to run the furnace. Batteries kinda getting down so George got to work for a few hours. That was the last time he lent a helping hand camping.

Our BC Provincial Parks opened June 1st of this year and to date we have dry camped over 40 nights mostly in the provincial Park campgrounds. It would have been closer to 50 but had to cancel some nights because of the wet weather in June.

Of course, George is a little ticked off having to spend all day sitting in a dark, depressing garage but it is nice having the extra space in the pass through and not having to smell gasoline.

We bought George originally to charge the twin 12V batteries in a previous TC when on long trips to Mexico as we has no solar/ inverter. Now with lots of solar, 4 6V GC2's , 2000W inverter, we even volunteer to charge my BIL and girl friends E MTBikes if they promise not to run their genny in their TH.

I appreciate Georges past service but I had to tell him how much I love my present electrical system. I could tell he was sad due to a few oily tears shed on the floor when I walked by him.

What do you say to George, a Honda 2000W inverter generator after all these years we have been together, when he knows he is not needed?

Dave
2016 F350 Diesel 4X4 CC SRW SB,
2016 Creekside 23RKS, 490W solar, 2000W Xantrex Freedom 2012 inverter, 4 6V GC-2 (450AH)
2006 F350 CC 4X4 sold
2011 Outfitter 9.5' sold
Some Of Our Fun:http://daveincoldstream.blogspot.ca/
10 REPLIES 10

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
As long as George isn't married to Karen he is doing just fine!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

crosscheck
Explorer
Explorer
noteven wrote:
George may be thinking "May the fleas of 10,000 cay mels infest your MPPT controller and the trees fall on your BC Hydro line for 6 days..."

I'll relay your response to George. I'm sure he will be tickled.

Dave
2016 F350 Diesel 4X4 CC SRW SB,
2016 Creekside 23RKS, 490W solar, 2000W Xantrex Freedom 2012 inverter, 4 6V GC-2 (450AH)
2006 F350 CC 4X4 sold
2011 Outfitter 9.5' sold
Some Of Our Fun:http://daveincoldstream.blogspot.ca/

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
I bet George would be happier in a new home that already has a nice partner named Jane. George and Jane can hook up, spend many hours churning faster than rabbits, and prolifically produce hundreds of kilowatt-hour offspring.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
George may be thinking "May the fleas of 10,000 cay mels infest your MPPT controller and the trees fall on your BC Hydro line for 6 days..."

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
If I had no use for an expensive marketable object for 8 years and counting, George would be sitting on Craigslist holding a for sale sign.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
We had our solar system installed on March 9th this year while in Quartzsite. That morning was the last time we ran our Champion generator (except to run the gas out once we got home). We've brought it along since "just in case" but the real test will be next week when we go to the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest in the Wisconsin north woods.
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
crosscheck wrote:

What do you say to George, a Honda 2000W inverter generator after all these years we have been together, when he knows he is not needed?

Dave

I am quite certain the inanimate gasoline engine and generator do not have any feelings or any capability of thought. But I could be wrong.

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
Hey George, as with all things in life- change is the only constant. Rather than going camping with us, you are going to guard the house whether we're there or not and if we need power for any reason, we know you can count on you just like we've been counting on you on all these camping trips.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
At his age and many years of service give him small pension for retirement.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe George would be happier in a home that let's him help out...
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand