Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Electric vehicle mandate in California
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Electric vehicle mandate in California

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 16  
Next
colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/20 06:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

California has a mandate for electric vehicles in the future. Just read with the extreme heat PG&E will have rolling blackouts because of power shortage. Noticed this in previous years as well.

Do you think requiring electric vehicles is putting the cart before the horse in not having a updated power grid to handle the increased demand of charging electric vehicles?

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/20 06:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

colliehauler wrote:

California has a mandate for electric vehicles in the future. Just read with the extreme heat PG&E will have rolling blackouts because of power shortage. Noticed this in previous years as well.

Do you think requiring electric vehicles is putting the cart before the horse in not having a updated power grid to handle the increased demand of charging electric vehicles?

I think mandating any type of technology is dangerous. It stifles development of competing and perhaps better technologies. Requiring a maximum emission output is one thing. Stating how you "must" get there seems illogical.

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/20 06:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mich800 wrote:

colliehauler wrote:

I think mandating any type of technology is dangerous. It stifles development of competing and perhaps better technologies. Requiring a maximum emission output is one thing. Stating how you "must" get there seems illogical.

I disagree as anything that can be cheaper, more available and a better mouse trap will always float to the top of consumer desires.

2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

Lwiddis

Williams AZ area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/15/20 07:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Look, we Californians DONT need any more power plants. We can just sit in the dark.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist14 yr. Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/20 08:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomman58 wrote:

mich800 wrote:

colliehauler wrote:

I disagree as anything that can be cheaper, more available and a better mouse trap will always float to the top of consumer desires.

Then why mandate it? [emoticon]

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

pigman1

Delaware

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/20 08:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

More of the "Law Of Unintended Consequences". The lights go out, but the freeways will be full, and air pollution laws prevent you from building power plants. SMART!

Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

noteven

Turtle Island

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/20 08:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I used a diesel generator for all my alternating current electrical needs in my house. I am not mandated to connect to a power grid.

Ya... no I didn't - power utility kw hours are substantially cheaper...

But if I had been "mandated" to use grid power I would have been all mad - they are making me ...

BUT - AAA did a BEV study and one result was BEV is not less expensive over I think it was 5 years than an efficient on board combustion vehicle.

* This post was edited 08/15/20 10:44am by an administrator/moderator *

A1ARealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/20 08:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A. It's California, what do you expect?

B. It will probably change 15 times before 2045

C. Considering the timetable, current residents will have plenty of time to relocate to 49 other states that don't insist on bullying quite as much.

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/20 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomman58 wrote:

mich800 wrote:

colliehauler wrote:

You are correct. Adding a layer like changing a law is not a material obstacle.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 08/15/20 09:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One thing nobody can deny; The mandate makes many think about other ways to do what we want to do.
And the "Move out of Cal" idea; From what I have seen, they move into another area, crowd it up, then try to make regulations to protect it.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 16  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Electric vehicle mandate in California
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.