cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honda 2200 Oil Alert - No Start

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning... Have a Honda eu2200 and Oil Alert light comes on when attempting to start ( won’t start ).... Oil level is good; has 25 hours on it; ran for a couple of minutes yesterday & quit when I put a load on the generator..... SUGGESTIONS Please....
8 REPLIES 8

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
Lust is the greatest form of flattery - lol

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just add some oil. Then try restarting it. How old is the gas? You may need a little ether if it's been sitting for a while.
I haven't seen a knockoff generator last 20 years yet. Yeah. That;s how old my Honda eu2000i is. Fires right up first time. Used it two night ago for a 1 hour blackout....and parts are still available if needed. Try finding parts for that Predator generator in 20 years.....

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
then you said you ran it for a couple minutes.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
Oldman... Ok... Oil alert light comes on when attempting starting; but won’t start...

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
You're describing two problems...
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
You can try to jump the wires leading to the oil sensor to see if the engine will start. You may have a bad sensor.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
If you are not sure a new Honda will last more than twice as long as a competitor, buy a competitor’s generator for half as much. I bought a Westinghouse...43 pounds.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Put a little more oil in it.

Related. Honda at one time was noted for reliability and no problems. Well of late their reputation has taken a few hits and the "other" brands have gained in reputation with parts and repair stations widely available. One has to ask if it is still wise to pay extra to Honda just for the name.