Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Bathroom on the road?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Bathroom on the road?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/16/20 07:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Make sure you have access with the slide fully in or park where the slide can extend.
20+% in the fresh holding tank should work fine.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/20 08:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No more looking for a Starbucks or Del Taco! Just pull over and drop your drawers.....after you get into the trailer.

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/20 08:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We always carry some water in the fresh water tank. No problem there. That is what they are for. And we never use the public restrooms even if we pull into a rest area for a restroom break. And we can access the bathroom without extending any slides.

ksbowman

Kansas

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/20 09:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bgum wrote:

If you don't want to carry water in your fresh water tank carry a gallon jug or two in the shower to flush with.
Exactly what we do especially if it is to clod to carry water in fresh water tank. My wife refuses to use anything but her clean rv toilet.

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/16/20 09:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Add some water to your fresh water tank even if you think some is there. Last month we left for Utah and boondocked overnight in Flagstaff. I hadn't added water before we left because the tank indicator was on one light and it was only for one night. We learned we didn't have enough water in our tank to be usable. We ended up flushing the toilet with bottled water.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2016 RZR 900

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/16/20 09:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last year, DW really had to pee so I stopped at a small gas station. I started to top off the tank in the truck, and she came rushing out saying their bathroom was out of order. I just unlocked our trailer and said "use ours." When she came back out, she said "I didn't think of that." We frequently stop in scenic overlooks for lunch and use both our kitchen and bathroom.

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

wowens79

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 08/16/20 09:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We used our restroom in the muddle of the interstate when there was a wreck, and we had not moved in an hour, my daughter had to go, so out went the slide, and we used the potty, grabbed some snacks and cold drinks..

2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 241k miles and climbing
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

Blazing Zippers

North Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/16/20 10:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use our trailer potty all the time, although I do miss the clever writing on the walls. Or the peep holes between stalls.
The best thing about our RV is the fact that it's clean--something not easily found on the road.

FULLTIMEWANABE

De Winton, Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/20 01:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If weather is going to be excessively hot and depending on size of your black tank capacity you may want to as I say to husband "prime" the toilet before leaving. For us that means a small amount of water in the actual tank and a teeny bit of dawn detergent. The dawn we find helps keep the sensors cleaned as we don't dump until our tank is very close to FULL up. Some other folks prefer Happy Camper or just a deodoriser.

Just saying as a tip to have a pleasant trip. Bottom line with black tanks to keep smell down and avoid paper pyramids, is plenty of water. Ours is 17 years of extended trips and never an issue yet (touch wood!).

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 08/17/20 04:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have had a porta-potty for years. This year we added a pop-up shower tent. On day trips those and a plastic bucket of TP and hand sanitizer ride just inside the tailgate for day trips. Wife holds leash while I set pot on ground, pop the tent over it.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Bathroom on the road?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.