Lots of camp spots in DV....

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
10 REPLIES 10

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
118-119 the last several days on the Colorado at Bullhead City, Az.
And there was a homeless person sitting, in full sun, at the turn in to Sams Club etc. No hat and short sleeves.
I don't believe I want visit any place where it is 130 degrees.
On the cost at Qui Nhon, Vietnam I thought ti was hot an no relief and high humidity. About 114 was the hottest I think but don't quote me.
Down on the Colorado river the humidity has to be high and in 118 degree heat..and people were on jet skis.

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
ppine wrote:
Death Valley will kill you in the summer. Hence the name. It is not funny and not a novelty. Stay the Hell away from there from about May until October.

Drove thru there one June when i was young. My personal thermometer read 113. And it was Early June.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Death Valley will kill you in the summer. Hence the name. It is not funny and not a novelty. Stay the Hell away from there from about May until October.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would go if I could get some free time and a spot with power.
These records always sneak up when I am not available.
It would be a test of survival skills for sure.
Oh well maybe early next year I can get out again...

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
Time to go to their warm swimming pool!.... As a side note, many Europeans want to go there to experience the heat....During summer no less....

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
Just set world record.
At 130 + .

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Presidents Day weekend the place is packed. Nobody is camping at Mt Rainier in winter either.

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
"You won't even feel it, it's dry heat"

Hahahaha
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
125F a couple of days ago at Furnace Creek I read. Now 130!!! That's smoking!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Only the insane go to DV in August. There's a reason it is called "Death Valley."

(says a guy who loves that place, btw)