Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Campsite Squatters
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Campsite Squatters

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next
jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/20 09:41am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta wrote:

Bumpyroad wrote:

tearing up the wilderness on an ATV doesn't sound too "environmental" to me.
bumpy

What makes you think I "tear it up"? [emoticon]

Because everyone with an ATV tears chit up just like everyone dumping grey water does it maliciously..[emoticon]

LOL

1994 F-350 DRW /460/k&n intake /415# torque/lance 9.6/Engel compressor fridge/3 gr 27 batteries/Honda 2k/Honda 3K/WH Camo 2250/Reese solid bar extension/Buddy heater/3 inverters//Happi Jack tie downs /Firestone bags/Yamaha Rhino/Winch and Lockers

Seminoe Joe

Texas, Wyoming, or somewhere in between

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/20 09:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Rangeland studies show ATV’s and bikes have less impact than pack animals. Hooves are worse on trails and soil substrate than round, rubber tires. Lots of research out there on this.

“It’s all in the reflexes.”
2012 Lance 850
2012 Chevy 2500 HD

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/20 10:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Geewizard wrote:

jimh425 wrote:

Yeah, we should do everything the way we did 40 years ago, and this issue has little to do with tree huggers. Dumping your germs and food on the ground would be better than nothing, but since we have an alternative, not dumping correctly is just being lazy.

But, if it really isn’t an issue. Feel free to put a sign up in your front yard to encourage people to dump their grey water in your front yard. Report back how that works for you. [emoticon]

+2

Yes indeed! Tell us all how that works for you and your neighbors. Step up and show us how it's no problem. Give us all your home address so we can come by and dump our gray water on your lawn.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to most everything in life.

https://www.boondockersbible.com/knowled......../can-i-dump-my-gray-water-on-the-ground/

(Ignore the "US Forestry Service". It's the U.S. Forest Service. Sloppy writing.....just like dumping gray water on your campsite.)

https://www.gonewiththewynns.com/eliminating-graywater-burning-man

"Why does Gray Water smell so bad? Decomposing food mixed with oils, fecal matter from showering, urine…this all creates disgusting bacteria that is literally alive, hence the awful smells associated with waste water. Sometimes I swear RV Gray Water can smell worse than Black Water!"

https://lnt.org/

Remember Leave No Trace? Used to be common knowledge and a good idea.

That's pretty rich coming from enviro saviors such as you guys lol. You have enough stuff in your signatures to have killed 500 trees and polluted at least two streams manufacturing it, and evidently burn fossil fuel as fast as it can come out of the ground.

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/20 03:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jaycocreek wrote:

Because everyone with an ATV tears chit up
LOL

I agree with this statement.

bumpy

Geewizard

E. Washington

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/20 06:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

Geewizard wrote:

jimh425 wrote:

Yeah, we should do everything the way we did 40 years ago, and this issue has little to do with tree huggers. Dumping your germs and food on the ground would be better than nothing, but since we have an alternative, not dumping correctly is just being lazy.

But, if it really isn’t an issue. Feel free to put a sign up in your front yard to encourage people to dump their grey water in your front yard. Report back how that works for you. [emoticon]

+2

Yes indeed! Tell us all how that works for you and your neighbors. Step up and show us how it's no problem. Give us all your home address so we can come by and dump our gray water on your lawn.

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. This applies to most everything in life.

https://www.boondockersbible.com/knowled......../can-i-dump-my-gray-water-on-the-ground/

(Ignore the "US Forestry Service". It's the U.S. Forest Service. Sloppy writing.....just like dumping gray water on your campsite.)

https://www.gonewiththewynns.com/eliminating-graywater-burning-man

"Why does Gray Water smell so bad? Decomposing food mixed with oils, fecal matter from showering, urine…this all creates disgusting bacteria that is literally alive, hence the awful smells associated with waste water. Sometimes I swear RV Gray Water can smell worse than Black Water!"

https://lnt.org/

Remember Leave No Trace? Used to be common knowledge and a good idea.

That's pretty rich coming from enviro saviors such as you guys lol. You have enough stuff in your signatures to have killed 500 trees and polluted at least two streams manufacturing it, and evidently burn fossil fuel as fast as it can come out of the ground.

And you know we're "enviro saviors" how? You know us personally? What we do for a living?

2004 Outfitter Apex 8
2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
220W solar, MPPT controller, LED lights
Wave 3 Heater
Air Lift WirelessAIR and air bags
Hankook Dynapro ATM 10-ply tires

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/20 12:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't think the issue is so simple to relay on propaganda statistics.
How many negligent ATV riders will it take to make another Great Canyon?
I live next to protected water-sheet on desert.
Lot of signs, chains, cables, concrete barriers, yet lot of ATV drivers "don't see" all those warnings.
Did it create a problem over the years? Evidently not. Maybe in 1000 years, but do I have to worry about it?

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/20 03:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bumpyroad wrote:

jaycocreek wrote:

LOL

bumpy

I saw a guy with a TC dumping his black tank into a cattle guard so because you own a TC you must do it too.

Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
6580 lb truck 10540 fully loaded

ppine

Northern Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/20 07:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There are no roads in wilderness areas.
I am a retired forester and environmental consultant.
But I am not an environmentalist nor a tree hugger.
Once people really understand how ecosystems function, then they understand that logging is how we manage forests. It is how we create fire resilience.

More fire suppression is not the answer. Locking up public lands in parks is no the answer. Management is the answer.

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/20 07:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bumpyroad wrote:

jaycocreek wrote:

LOL

bumpy

I love it...Isn't the internet great..

[image]

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 08/31/20 07:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta wrote:

I saw a guy with a TC dumping his black tank into a cattle guard so because you own a TC you must do it too.

I thought you were for dumping any where. What’s the issue? [emoticon]

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 13  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Campsite Squatters
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.