cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Life is just Peachie!

Chuck___
Explorer
Explorer
I first tried to find a used 5th wheel in the 27 foot to under 30 foot range several years ago. The best I could find was a few Arctic Fox that had a reasonable reliability rating. But for anything within 10 years old, the owners wanted close to the price of a new unit. $38,000 to upper $50,000 plus.

So, after years of research, looking and many post on the forums I just happen to find a 2010 Mobil Suit 34 footer. The previous owner payed over $110,000 for it and I got it of for $34,000. Yes, It is bigger than I wanted, heavy and sometimes I have a hard time finding a RV site that can fit the truck and RV in to. Need approximately 50 foot space for RV and truck. Had to buy a different truck to haul this RV "SAFELY", 2017 F-350 daully. The old 1999 250 Dodge just wouldn't handle it.

Besides general maintenance. Now I looking for valve stem extensions, reliable digital tire gauge and a good fiberglass/ protective wax to put on the RV.

PS: I retired two years ago and I am really to go back to work so I can rest up. Working like a dog around the house! No way I would go back to work in lovely town of Portland, Oregon were no one is held accountable for ones actions. The down town has turned into a ghetto.
Chuck
5 REPLIES 5

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
Chuck .. wrote:
I first tried to find a used 5th wheel in the 27 foot to under 30 foot range several years ago. The best I could find was a few Arctic Fox that had a reasonable reliability rating. But for anything within 10 years old, the owners wanted close to the price of a new unit. $38,000 to upper $50,000 plus.

So, after years of research, looking and many post on the forums I just happen to find a 2010 Mobil Suit 34 footer. The previous owner payed over $110,000 for it and I got it of for $34,000. Yes, It is bigger than I wanted, heavy and sometimes I have a hard time finding a RV site that can fit the truck and RV in to. Need approximately 50 foot space for RV and truck. Had to buy a different truck to haul this RV "SAFELY", 2017 F-350 daully. The old 1999 250 Dodge just wouldn't handle it.

Besides general maintenance. Now I looking for valve stem extensions, reliable digital tire gauge and a good fiberglass/ protective wax to put on the RV.

PS: I retired two years ago and I am really to go back to work so I can rest up. Working like a dog around the house! No way I would go back to work in lovely town of Portland, Oregon were no one is held accountable for ones actions. The down town has turned into a ghetto.

Chuck
Are you looking for valve extenions for the truck rear tires?

I asked santa for these last winter and got 2 sets.

Crossfire Dual Tire Pressure Equalization System, 80 PSI, one per pkg. (CF80STABT)

KEN
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
I looked yours up and they are beautiful. You got a great deal! Quality too.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations on retirement (I retired 4 times). Good choice on the FW and truck. Now your work will be all the RV maintenance we have to do to keep these things rolling.

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you've found a comfortable retirement routine, great to hear and glad you're thankful for it. I agree with the previous comment- sounds like you can earn a good penny selling the house with all those repairs, and if needed, buy a small no-maintenance option in your preferred climate zone.
Personally I'd prefer living simply as I simply live my retirement years. Having a smaller town, warm weather home base for the mail to go to, with a barn to park in, makes sense. I can volunteer to relieve disasters like in Cedar Rapids, or opt for a relief agency that improves conditions for my fellow humans in distraught neighborhoods. Nothing like doing for others to really feel satisfaction and feel blessed.
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you got a decent deal on that FW. Youโ€™ll get many years of use out of it. You can lighten that home maintenance load by acknowledging your privilege and do the right thing and give that house to someone that needs it. ๐Ÿ™‚