cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rieco-Titan Electric Jacks Sticking and Not working well.

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
I have 4 Rieco-Titan electric jacks and each is working differently and has different problems.

Forward driver's side is really loud and the clutch skips a lot. There is also a bunch of rust on the inner leg. I've greased it and it's only marginally better. It can't even lift the TC high enough to get it off the truck. I have to put a big rock under this leg to lift it out of the truck.

Forward passenger side works perfectly

Aft/Rear driver's side works perfectly but got hit and has a bent lower clamp and a few bolts pulled from the TC frame.

Aft/rear passenger side is operational but VERY loud!
7 REPLIES 7

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I think Iโ€™ll have to do the same and get a new one. For now, I will swap them around.

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have had to replace the head unit on one and ordered another for insurance. My rear jacks are located in such a way that the rain gutter diverters on the back corners drop water perfectly centered over the head which has the removable plastic plug allowing you to use a 3/8' ratchet to manually raise and lower the legs.
When I first saw this, I had 2 choices. Remove the diverter or protect the head covers. I just use a quart size zip lock if it's in the weather over any amount of time. I figured some moisture had to be getting into the unit-
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

Themucsel
Explorer
Explorer
I called Rieco-Titan last month about the same problem. They told me the leg portion of the jack is not repairable. From past experience, I always have an extra leg and motor (yes that is expensive). Replace the one with new leg and electric motor and then ordered just a new leg for the other problem jack. All is fine for the time being.

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
dhull wrote:
Or bent...
Nope. Rusty.

The other 3 have no corrosion. This one has rust running down the inner tube. It's a mess.

If possible, maybe I'll just move it to a rear jack location that isn't under much stress and swap it with one of the rear Jack's that is working well.

I thought this would be a more common issue where people would have the answer on how to take them apart and service them.

dhull
Explorer
Explorer
Or bent...

HadEnough
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Todd.

I think it's the part that extends that gets stuck. It's rusty.

toddb
Explorer
Explorer
I recently took the gear heads apart on mine, cleaned out the 10yr old grease and reapplied a new layer, they are way quieter now. Youโ€™ll probably need to pull the head off the one that gets stuck, canโ€™t help much there since I havenโ€™t done that.

Todd