cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winegard Acquires WiFiRanger

docj
Explorer
Explorer
An exciting event in the RV world was announced this morning. Two world-class companies in electronics are now one! Winegard Company of Iowa has acquired WiFiRanger of Idaho. Both companies will continue to provide superior products and services to their customers and the synergy between their talents provides the promise of even more exciting products in the future.

For the time being there will be no change in either company's products or operations. Both product lines will continue to be sold and serviced.

But now the Converge and Connect product lines are family!

Here's the official announcement: Winegard acquires WiFiRanger
Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels
8 REPLIES 8

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
docj wrote:
way2roll wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
WiFi Ranger has nothing to do with the WeBoost product. WeBoost is Wilson Electronics.
I think you missed the point, Wifi ranger is owned by King. They are marketing and selling a weebost product in direct competition with their new merger.

There is no relationship between King and either Winegard or WiFiRanger. WiFiRanger is most definitely not owned by King and no WeBoost products are marketed by WiFiRanger.

The King Extend is licensed by Weboost and is a legacy Weboost model rebranded. I was confusing Wifi ranger with Wifi Max so it may be a moot point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoKhSHUV7Pc
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

docj
Explorer
Explorer
way2roll wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
WiFi Ranger has nothing to do with the WeBoost product. WeBoost is Wilson Electronics.
I think you missed the point, Wifi ranger is owned by King. They are marketing and selling a weebost product in direct competition with their new merger.

There is no relationship between King and either Winegard or WiFiRanger. WiFiRanger is most definitely not owned by King and no WeBoost products are marketed by WiFiRanger.
Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
I would bet that the King system will phase out to the ranger
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Bill.Satellite wrote:

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
Wonder how this will affect the fact that King is marketing under license, an older version of the weeboost system. It's the former version simply re-branded with a King sticker. Weird deal by Weboost especially given that the older , re branded system that King is now selling, is priced about $100 more than the original version.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
WiFiRanger will continue to operate as a standalone brand.

Not for long I'll bet ! Too much overlap in the products.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
The fact they have collaborated before should smooth the details.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad