cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Recommendations on portable flat-top griddle

mrad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm looking for flat top griddle that would also be portable (legs fold) I would need one bigger than the 17" portable blackstone sells.

Any recommendations?

I have passthrough storage on a 5th wheel to store it when traveling
16 REPLIES 16

Pwrstrok
Explorer
Explorer
GunnyJ wrote:
I may have to go bigger then I have the room for the 28โ€ for the house there is only the two of us and the German Shepherd Dog.
But German dogs can eat a lot!!

GunnyJ
Explorer
Explorer
Ok Iike I said earlier I do have the 17 Blackstone for my RV and was going the 22 Blackstone for home but after seeing some reviews and the comment from bob213 I do have the room for the Blackstone 28 and Would work great at home. And more room to cook on!
GUNNY J
LYNDA & Our German Shepherd Dog Rocky .
2020 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCD Wet
2004 DODGE RAM 3500 4X4 SRW
If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them!

mrad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was able to find a 22" with hood cover, stand, and Propane adaptor hose at my local Walmart yesterday for $175. I think I'm set. Thanks for all the info.

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
Iโ€™ve got the BS17, but want to get the 22. I think the metal lid would be really nice to cover it while it is still hot, plus you can close it to mels cheese on burgers.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

OkieGene
Explorer
Explorer
I have the 17 in Blackstone, it has only 1 knob/heating control. I am looking to get the 22 inch Blackstone because it has 2 knobs/heating controls, allowing me to cook things on one side at one temp, and the other side I can have a different temp. Makes it especially better to cook breakfast.

mrad
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a question for those of you with the blackstone 22" griddle. I was ready to order it the other day and noticed it was only 12,000 BTU's with about half the cooking surface of the four burner that puts out 60,000 BTU's. For those with the 22", do you feel you have enough BTu's to heat up quickly? The 28" puts out 30,000 BTU's. this has me a bit concerned.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Camp Chef has modular stoves too. Their flat top grills are nice. Flat top grills.

Personally I like to go the modular route instead of a specialized one-trick-pony appliance. I have a base stove (I have the Camp Chef Tahoe stove). Then I added the 3 burner griddle, the bbq box, plus my cast iron DOs work well on it too. That way I can interchange the components based on the kind of cooking I'll be doing.

Not every accessory travels with me on every trip. I plan out the meals ahead of time so I can limit my cargo weight in the mh and maximize space. There's only one trip a year that everything goes in the mh and that's for the 4 day family renunion.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

GunnyJ
Explorer
Explorer
I may have to go bigger then I have the room for the 28โ€ for the house there is only the two of us and the German Shepherd Dog.
GUNNY J
If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them!

mrad
Explorer II
Explorer II
bob213 wrote:
GunnyJ wrote:
Thatโ€™s what I was saying I have the 17โ€ for my RV and will pick up a 22โ€ for the house

If you have the room consider the 28" model. Can't beat the price and gives you more room.
28" at walmart
I have the 17" for camping and the 22" at home. Wish I would have gone bigger for home.

The 28" model does not appear to have folding legs. I would like to have that feature. I noticed camp chef has a four burner model with folding legs.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
GunnyJ wrote:
Thatโ€™s what I was saying I have the 17โ€ for my RV and will pick up a 22โ€ for the house

If you have the room consider the 28" model. Can't beat the price and gives you more room.
28" at walmart
I have the 17" for camping and the 22" at home. Wish I would have gone bigger for home.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

GunnyJ
Explorer
Explorer
GUNNY J

smarty
Explorer
Explorer
We just purchased the 22" blackstone mentioned above

Love it!

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Out of stock online at Walmart but the 22 inch kit may be available in store. If not Amazon has it for $205.57 Scroll down on link to find similar items and it is listed there at a cheaper price than link.
BS 22"

Use this link to search Walmart inventory near you.
inventory checker

Put in your zip code and use SKU# 179647360
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

sofive0
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackstone-Adventure-Ready-22-Griddle-with-Hood-Legs-Adapter-Hose/179647360

Juat highlight that link and click enter.
2018 Ram 3500 Carolina Customs Flatbed w/gooseneck hitch, 6.7ltr Cummins Diesel Engine
2013 Heartland Sundance 3400QB
Eaz-Lift 15" Gooseneck Adapter