cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Are things ever going to get better?

Bowti
Explorer
Explorer
I am already itching for the snowbird season to get here and we don't seem to be making any progress on this Covid thing. I keep hoping for some good news on the numbers, especially the area where we go, but to no avail. I know there are others who are suffering a much greater pain and I certainly understand the losses some have to bare, but when other countries are doing so much better than us, I am angry.
2013 Keystone Cougar 28SGS Xlite
Shipping weight 7561 lbs
Carrying capacity 2439 lbs
Hitch Pin 1410 lbs
2008 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4X4 Crew Cab
Reese 16K Round Tube Slider
Custom 3 Receiver Hitch Scooter Carrier
2013 Honda PCX Scooter on the Carrier
17 REPLIES 17

pawatt
Explorer
Explorer
After deleting a dozen posts that violate the rules of the forums I guess it's time to close this. Sorry
pawatt

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
On Fox News everything is great.
We lead the world in death by the virus.
Our economy is in terrible shape.
It is going to take some time and new leadership to get the country heading back in the right direction.

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Don't talk to someone who will be sick for the rest of their life or has lost a loved one to Covid. "Smile and deny" is the way to go.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
KD4UPL wrote:
Stop watching the news and life is great.
COVID-19 deaths are down, hospitalizations are down, supplies are getting easier to find, businesses and restaurants are back open, the stock market is back up to record numbers, etc.
You won't hear any good news like this from the mainstream media.

Exactly. Very well said.
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

rdhetrick
Explorer
Explorer
KD4UPL wrote:
Stop watching the news and life is great....

I keep telling my mom this, but she won't. She's convinced the country is about to implode. Doesn't want my daughter to go to college because "colleges now teach the students that America is bad."

I used to follow politics closely, it's somewhat addictive, and created nothing but stress in my life.

Turn the TV off - your blood pressure will thank you!
Rob - Solo Full Timer
2017 Winnebago Travato 59G
Former 2006 Mandalay 40E

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
KD4UPL wrote:

Good advice. Ignore it and it will be gone by the time warm weather gets here. It is nothing that warm weather and bleach won't cure.

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
COVID-19 deaths are down, hospitalizations are down, supplies are getting easier to find, businesses and restaurants are back open, the stock market is back up to record numbers, etc.
You won't hear any good news like this from the mainstream media.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Things are getting better one just has to tune out the media and those that benefit from keeping things stirred up. Supplies are returning to store shelves. Campgrounds are open with minor restrictions. Restaurants are open for indoor dining. Is it hard or impossible to go to Canada or Mexico? Perhaps but frankly I donโ€™t care. Plenty of places to go here. Young adults have always partied and will continue to do so. Doesnโ€™t affect me, and mostly doesnโ€™t affect them either.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Why don't we take up the battle and beat it into submission? We can do it, we whipped polio and a lot of other diseases when we all got on the same page. Half the country cannot beat it. Ninety percent can. What's it going to take? 200,000 deaths? 300,000 deaths? There must be some point at which we will take it seriously. What are we waiting on? I only have a few years left and I don't want to spend them waiting to get the Covid. Let's win this thing.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
But I'm going to get my Senior Flu Shop as soon as possible anyway.

I get all the inoculations they offer. Flu, pneumonia, shingles. Got the whopping cough combination vaccine a couple of years ago before grandchild #5 was born.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
The 1918 pandemic took a couple of years to disappear. We are ONLY in the 6th month or so. And, as I have posted before, we don't have a truly effective vaccine for the virus started more than 100 years ago!
But I'm going to get my Senior Flu Shop as soon as possible anyway.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

obiwancanoli
Explorer
Explorer
midnightsadie wrote:
other countries are more strict than ours ,,when they put you in jail YOU STAY IN JAIL. and theres no such thing as a protest. our young people are spoiled brats.

I wouldn't be too hard on the guy... after all, protest is what got this country started in the first place, no?

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm hoping for 1Q 2021 for improvement. I predict that there will soon be a spike due to school openings.

I have hopes and concerns for a GD that started college today. She's almost 18, 1.5 years of credit (from Central WA) for WA State U, all on line classes. But the first time away from home. It's been hard, many activities cancelled this year, drive by High School graduation and more.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
other countries are more strict than ours ,,when they put you in jail YOU STAY IN JAIL. and theres no such thing as a protest. our young people are spoiled brats.