Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Auto level question
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Auto level question

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Super_Dave

Harrisville, UT

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/20 11:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When you are in auto level position, all jacks are down, what is your steps to get trailer on the hitch? Specifically, what do you do to get the back 4 jacks up?

Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/20 12:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the 6 point system. I have a digital control panel so I can go into manual mode and select the jacks and raise them by sets (Rear, Middle) or select the "hitch Height" option and all four of the back jacks will raise and then once they are up the front legs will raise to the last position they were in when I unhitched. Or on my RV, I also have buttons on the front to do those same things. Not all RV's have both the panel and another set of buttons. There are a lot of videos on youtube showing how to do this too.

2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

You can't put a porcupine in a barn, set it on fire, and expect to make licorice.

StirCrazy

Kamloops, BC, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/20 12:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hit the auto retract rear jacks, then I lift the front, back up and then make adjustments and hook up. there is an auto return to hitch hight on mine but it only works if the front jacks go one way first and that is rare for me.

Steve

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK

Campinfan

Washtenaw County, Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/20 01:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I follow the directions on my 6 point system. There is something I hit that brings it back to the level where I unhooked. Then I raise or lower the front legs depending on what I need to do by using the manual mode. Its all on my 6 pt system. I can always photo it and send it to you via a private message if the directions are missing from your unit.

Super_Dave

Harrisville, UT

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/20 01:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I talked to a couple different people in the campground this morning and got different responses as to how they handled it. It made me curious if there were any other ways folks were handling this. Hitch height button only works when the front jacks are the only ones down.

Moomba2002

Sebastopol, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/20 02:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I use the hitch height I think it is called and it will bring up the rear jacks and then set the height for the hitch, curious why yours won't lift the jacks.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 4x4
Demco Hijacker Autoslide 18k hitch
2017 Columbus 383FB
ExtremeAire 150 PSI 100% Duty Cyle on board air w/4gal. tank

2003 Arctic Fox 1150 loaded except solor

way2roll

Wilmington NC

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/20 02:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Super_Dave wrote:

I talked to a couple different people in the campground this morning and got different responses as to how they handled it. It made me curious if there were any other ways folks were handling this. Hitch height button only works when the front jacks are the only ones down.

Hitch height works when all the jacks are down. It raises the 4 rear jacks then sets the fronts to the last height when you unhooked. If you hit hitch height when the rears are up and the fronts are already at hitch height it will give you an error.

But the main question is about like asking the length of a piece of rope. Lots of ways to hook/unhook based on whatever system your FW has.

2020 F350 STX 6.7L Turbo Diesel
2020 FR Cedar Ridge Silverback 29rw

buck n duck

Arkansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/20 03:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moomba2002 wrote:

I use the hitch height I think it is called and it will bring up the rear jacks and then set the height for the hitch, curious why yours won't lift the jacks.

X2!! I just hit the hitch height button, then walk to the truck.

Brian

Super_Dave

Harrisville, UT

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/20 05:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I hit the hitch height button from this position it goes from green to flashing red.

garyp4951

TN

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/20 07:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

On my Ground Control 3.0, 4 jacks, 2 front, 2 rear, DO NOT have the truck bed under the pinbox, push retract all, it raises the rear jacks, and front, then push hitch height, and the front goes up to where you unhitched from.

Hitch height only works if your front was higher than the rear when you unhitched.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Auto level question
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.