Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Ally financial Bank Issues.... Anybody else experience this?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Ally financial Bank Issues.... Anybody else experience this?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
mljjdb

south carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/20 03:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Attempting to buy a Class A from a private seller. He paid off his lien on August 8th. Apparently the state of Georgia allows the bank to hold back the title for 10 days from the payoff. Than supposedly, the bank will send the stamped title to the owner. We were able to have a conference call with the owner, buyer and the bank 7 days ago and insisted on speaking with someone in the United States. We luckily got someone in Texas after several tries and being told from the Phillipine reps that all banks were closed due to meetings. The Rep in Texas said once the 10 days were satisfied, the title would be sent to the owner. That was 7 days ago and the owner was told it would be another 7-10 days.
We have a good relationship with the seller/owner, but this seems like it will be a never ending battle. We are not comfortable buying without a clear title in hand before we purchase. This is so frustrating..... any suggestions from prior Class A or other owners that may have experienced a similar issue with this financial institution?

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/20 04:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

it certainly is common for the lender to retain the title until "the check clears". show a little patience, and how did the phillipines get into this discussion?
bumpy

BarabooBob

Baraboo, WI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/20 04:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It seems like every time you try to contact a bank or any other customer service company that most of the phone people speak english as a second or third language. I had a problem with State Farm Insurance because I could not understand half of the people that I talked to. It took them 9 weeks to settle on a claim where a woman that they insured drove through our building and they kept stalling before finally paying up.

Bob & Dawn Married 32 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/20 04:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So the seller should have the title in a couple days. Did you give the seller money yet?
I assume you have given no money. This is the seller's issue to resolve if he wants paid.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/20 04:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We gave our travel trailer to the dealer we purchased from for consignment sale. We paid off the loan balance a couple days before taking the trailer to the dealer. Final payment was made electronically to Bank of America for 6K payoff. The money was debited out our Chase account the next day, but B of A didn't release their electronic lien on the electronic title for 7 days after accepting payment. It happens, a bank "thing".

Lwiddis

Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/20 04:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As a buyer why wouldn’t you want all these protections? What’s your hurry?

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist14 yr. Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

rexlion

Broken Arrow OK

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/20 05:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is there some reason why you are in a rush, can't wait a few days? If you really want the unit, give the bank some time to get their sheist together. If not, walk away. Simple.

Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Roger in VERMONT

Rutland, Vt. USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/20 06:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We always use the credit union. They hold the title. I walked in paid my balance on the loan they handed me the title.

That was quick and easy

"> 2001 41' Holiday Rambler Imperial
2004 Jeep Wrangler
Weekenders and Loving it!

delwhjr

TX

View Profile

Posted: 08/20/20 06:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ally had the loan on a car of mine. It took them 2 weeks to send title after pay off. When I went to sell car a few years later, they had never notified the state the title was clear, so had to play phone tag for a few days to get the information transmitted to state.

2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

Harrydavidson

Ohio

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/20/20 06:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The bigger the bank, the more red tape you go through.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> Ally financial Bank Issues.... Anybody else experience this?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.