cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2 sided screen door latch handle

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
My last class C had a Dexter screen door and a latch handle in both sides and a slide panel to provide access to the main door when both are closed. Nice. The new class C has one latch handle on the outside. I don't really like this set up. I've been searching for a changeover kit that has the inside and outside latch handles but so far I can't find anything. Is there such a changeover kit available?
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!
6 REPLIES 6

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well Amazon delivered the Camco screen door opener yesterday. I followed the directions, except for dropping the hole down 1/4 of an inch on suggestions from the Amazon reviews of this product. The thing certainly isn't fancy but it works as intended. Now for the acid test. We're heading out to Scusset Beach State Reservation here in Ma. for four days starting this coming Thursday. We'll see how it can handle the action of the RV front lines.
2020 JAYCO 26XD

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
docsouce wrote:
Dutch. Great suggestion. Looks like just what's needed. I'll do an update after I install it.

Yes, please let us know how it works for you. It's a little expensive for what it is, but cheap enough for what it does... ๐Ÿ˜‰
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dutch. Great suggestion. Looks like just what's needed. I'll do an update after I install it.
2020 JAYCO 26XD

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
smarty wrote:
Our Dexter handle broke on the outside. We now have to open the slide an reach it to open the door.

We have not been able to find a Dexter handle to replace it anywhere...

Have you tried Amazon

Or for the Right side
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I installed one of these Camco door openers and have been happy with how it works.

Camco Screen Door Opener
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

smarty
Explorer
Explorer
Our Dexter handle broke on the outside. We now have to open the slide an reach it to open the door.

We have not been able to find a Dexter handle to replace it anywhere...