Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Aftermarket wheels
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Aftermarket wheels

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
milleda31

Vancouver, WA.

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/20 09:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mbloof wrote:

milleda31 wrote:

3 tons wrote:

First off, Safety matters and the majority of the ‘racy’ aftermarket wheels out there are of the cheap cast variety designed more for looks rather than loads - go forged like your robust Alcoa’s and stay Safe...

3 tons

Agree 100%

I used to haul my Lance on a 2001 F350 7.3 SRW. I upgraded the wheels on that vehicle to Vision 19.5" rated at 3900 lbs. I also ran load range F tires on it.

https://www.visionwheel.com/wheel/867/VisionHDTruck/Trailer/81A%20Heavy%20Hauler?finishID=103

The Visions in my first post are rated at 4300 lbs. and add the fact that my current truck is a DRW. I am assuming that I'm good to go, correct?

Just to be clear: the 16" Vison Heavy Hauler 81A's are rated for 3900lbs, the 19.5" version is rated for 4500lbs.

Vison Website

- Mark0.

Sorry, you are correct. I meant to link the 19.5" version of those wheels.

Thank you for the correction.

2016 Ford F350 6.7 PSD CC LARIAT DRW

Tork Lift tie downs/FastGuns/SuperHitch

Vision 401 Rival wheels, Toyo ATIII tires

2007 LanceMax 981 Fully loaded

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/20 10:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

19.5s are a completely different type of tire. Your ride will probably change significantly since the tires are much tougher.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

Camper_Jeff_&_Kelli

Seattle

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/20 11:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You might glean some useful information off this old thread.
19.5 Wheels

Camper Jeff and Kelli's Blog!
CITAP1 Jeff's YouTube Channel
A CLOSED MOUTH GATHERS NO FEET!

milleda31

Vancouver, WA.

View Profile

Posted: 08/24/20 05:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jimh425 wrote:

19.5s are a completely different type of tire. Your ride will probably change significantly since the tires are much tougher.

Right....I mentioned that I had 19.5's on my old SRW. I have no intention of putting them on my DRW.

I know the habit is to read the last post in a thread and then comment, but, that often doesn't keep the conversation in context.

milleda31

Vancouver, WA.

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/20 08:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I decided on the Vision 401 Rivals due to the 3750 lbs. rating. They will be here this coming week so I will update the thread then.

In the meantime, I did reach out directly to Vision with questions. The wheels and tires I ordered should be flush with the fenders. I went with Toyo AT3 tires. Replacing all six.

joeshmoe

So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/30/20 05:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I see guys with lifted trucks running aftermarket, lug-centric, cast wheels and big ol tires with an Arctic Fox and I think to myself...Yeah, it looks cool, but there's no way that high centered mass lumbering down a hwy would remain upright should a wheel failure occur. I just don't get it. Yet lots of fellow TC'ers seem to applaud it.

2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

Buzzcut1

Norcal

View Profile

Posted: 08/30/20 08:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joeshmoe wrote:

I see guys with lifted trucks running aftermarket, lug-centric, cast wheels and big ol tires with an Arctic Fox and I think to myself...Yeah, it looks cool, but there's no way that high centered mass lumbering down a hwy would remain upright should a wheel failure occur. I just don't get it. Yet lots of fellow TC'ers seem to applaud it.

That's SoCal

Looks over functionality rules

Lifted trucks and Plastic surgeons on every block LOL

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 08 Lance 1055, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

joeshmoe

So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/20 01:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

HaHa True. More money than brains down here.

docjay

Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 09/06/20 06:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

milleda31 wrote:

I decided on the Vision 401 Rivals due to the 3750 lbs. rating. They will be here this coming week so I will update the thread then.

In the meantime, I did reach out directly to Vision with questions. The wheels and tires I ordered should be flush with the fenders. I went with Toyo AT3 tires. Replacing all six.

Let us know how they work out. I have been trying to decide on aftermarket wheels for my 2019 F350 DRW. I believe the Rivals are 20x8.5” so I thInk the wheels/tires will extend outside the fender flares. Won’t that make it impossible to clear the camper jacks? If the offsets allow for the tires to be within the fenders then by my understanding the rear tires may contact each other under load. I think this would require a spacer between the wheels which will again put the tires extending beyond the fenders.

docjay

Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 09/06/20 06:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’ve been considering the 19.5 x 6.75 Vision Heavy Haulers because by my understanding they are narrow enough not to extend beyond the fenders.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Aftermarket wheels
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.