cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table top propane grill help needed.

jotityra
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a Blackstone griddle to cook with while camping. I don't really like it but will probably use it for making breakfast only. I bought a hose with the quick connect fitting to plug it into the back of the camper which worked great. Now I bought a cheap mr bar-b-Q grill and thought I would do the same but I'm not sure I can do it with the fittings on this grill. The regulator threads into the burner and there is an orifice on the end so I think I need that connected to the grill, but I want to bypass the regulator on the grill because the camper already has the regulator on it. I'm not sure if they make fittings like I need to go right into the burner to take the place of the regulator.

2015 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH. Towing with a 2020 F150 supercrew 4x4 with a 5.0L V8 and 3.55 rear end
6 REPLIES 6

jotityra
Explorer
Explorer
ktmrfs wrote:
you need to buy the blackstone nipple for use with a low pressure regulated supply along with an appropriate hose connection to the trailer regulated propane. You can't use the grill with the stock regulator and a low pressure source at the same time.

Yes. That's what I have for the Blackstone, works great for the Blackstone.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH. Towing with a 2020 F150 supercrew 4x4 with a 5.0L V8 and 3.55 rear end

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
you need to buy the blackstone nipple for use with a low pressure regulated supply along with an appropriate hose connection to the trailer regulated propane. You can't use the grill with the stock regulator and a low pressure source at the same time.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

jotityra
Explorer
Explorer
mobeewan wrote:
I can barely read the text, could you please make the pictures even bigger so I can't read it at all I would appreciate it? Thank you.

I'm not sure, let me try.

jotityra
Explorer
Explorer
naturist wrote:
Nope. No can do. The control valve is part of the regulator. The office is not part of the regulator, it is used to inject a stream of regulated gas into the air in the mixing chamber. Because the control valve is part of the regulator, this device is not a good candidate for use on the low pressure propane system on your rv. It could work if you put a Tee in the high pressure line, but I don’t recommend that.

That's what I thought but I wanted to check to see if anyone knew, or did anything to make it work. I guess I can either get a hose and attach right to the tank, or just use the small bottles and re-fill them as needed.

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
I can barely read the text, could you please make the pictures even bigger so I can't read it at all I would appreciate it? Thank you.

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Nope. No can do. The control valve is part of the regulator. The office is not part of the regulator, it is used to inject a stream of regulated gas into the air in the mixing chamber. Because the control valve is part of the regulator, this device is not a good candidate for use on the low pressure propane system on your rv. It could work if you put a Tee in the high pressure line, but I don’t recommend that.