Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Are all new RVs built this bad or is it just mine?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Are all new RVs built this bad or is it just mine?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
bgum

South Louisiana

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/20 09:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our Airstream didn't exhibit any of these problems. Even Airstream has issues from time to time. Having said that the R V industry could easily improve quality. The last factor is that you basically have a house that you're pulling down our great roads at hurricane speeds.

wanderingaimlessly

SOBOVA

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/20 10:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jdc1 wrote:

Forest River products are made in Indiana...a Republican state with a minimum wage of $7.25/hour. You can't expect much for $7.25/hour.

Any more you hear the same complaints about the west coast mfr's. And its not limited to the fr and Keystones. And paying higher labor cost does not change the available labor pool, same people, same lousy attitude, but now at a higher cost. Wal Mart being a perfect example.

* This post was edited 08/22/20 10:32am by wanderingaimlessly *

Latner

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/20 10:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sch911 wrote:

Is this your first RV? The only way for the RV lifestyle to be sustainable is for you to learn to deal with these kinds if issues yourself. You gotta be able to fix stiff.

X2

Latner

Indiana

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/20 10:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wrote:

Really? The same junk could be made in Cali, but nobody could afford or would want to buy it because it would cost twice as much.

goducks10

There

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/20 11:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

jdc1 wrote:

Forest River products are made in Indiana...a Republican state with a minimum wage of $7.25/hour. You can't expect much for $7.25/hour.

Any more you hear the same complaints about the west coast mfr's. And its not limited to the fr and Keystones. And paying higher labor cost does not change the available labor pool, same people, same lousy attitude, but now at a higher cost. Wal Mart being a perfect example.

100% true. Wages are only reflective of cost of living standards. Cheaper to live in areas have lower wages. Wages have nothing to do with worker skills.
Out here on the West coast the same MFG that're in Indiana build the same junk while paying a higher minimum wage.

ksg5000

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/20 12:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Made in America used to mean something - I still drive my 91 RV and tend to spend more time fixing my neighbors newer RV's than mine .... go figure.

Kevin

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/20 01:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Forest River is no worse than anyone else including Grand Design. Our Grand Design Solitude 3950BH was a hastily assembled piece of total garbage. Despite the claims of Solitude being their luxury line, theyre made from the same trash everyone else uses and slapped together by pieceworkers with no QC or QA whatsoever. Lippert junk everywhere from frame, to windows. The frame deflected at suspension and leveler attachment points. All the AC units failed. The Furrion TVs and other electronics failed. 2 of 4 slideouts have had major issues. Front cap leaked from day one and due to frame flex can not be kept sealed. Kept it for 14 months, basically using it for what amounted to one season. Thanks to Covid we were able to unload the POS without taking too much of a hit.

JimK-NY

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/22/20 03:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Fortunately when I looked for my RV, I found a dealer who could help. He recommended a manufacturer who does a quality job. Maybe the fashion and style were a bit lagging, but the construction and design were not.

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/22/20 03:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bumpyroad wrote:

I figured out your problem when I got 7 words into your post.
bumpy

Only took me 5 words...Every new RV I've seen, the owners complain about having to do quality control and losing access to their new RV for weeks or months the first year.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/22/20 04:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like you got one of the better ones, my list would make yours look like nothing.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Are all new RVs built this bad or is it just mine?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.