cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oklahoma Northeast

Debbie
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Oklahoma RVers. Staying at Natural Falls SP. Sept 19-22 coming from SW Altus,OK. Looking for one or two campgrounds private, state, COE in between to stay at working our way over to Natural Falls. Does anyone have any good suggestions or favorites. We have a dog no children, 34 fifth wheeler. Thanks Deb
I wanna go where I haven't been, but still wanna see what I've seen again!
17 REPLIES 17

Debbie
Explorer
Explorer
Ok we spent 4 days at Belle Star COE 25C. View of the water. Wish I could post a picture. We now are north of Belle Star about 1 1/2 Hours at Rocky Point COE on Ft Gibson lake. 002A. Pull through view of lake, grill table w/e 30/50. Nice $10 day. Hoping the rest of the trip is as nice.

Correction Twin Bridges State Park.

Debbie
Explorer
Explorer
Mayor30 wrote:
We stayed at Mustang Run RV park near Oklahoma City. It has to be one of the nicest RV parks we ever stayed in. All the roads and sites are concrete. There is a pool and a dog run. The bathrooms are super nice and the rates for a full hookup campground were good. We stayed there 2 or 3 years ago and the price was $44 a night. The only downside is it's hard to find the entrance. It's located behind a hotel. But in my opinion,it's as nice as Ft Wilderness in Disney World but a lot cheaper.
http://www.mustangrunrvpark.com/

We havenโ€™t stayed there yet. Good to know. We normally stay at Roadrunner off of I-35. More for doing things In OKC then camping.

Mayor30
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Mustang Run RV park near Oklahoma City. It has to be one of the nicest RV parks we ever stayed in. All the roads and sites are concrete. There is a pool and a dog run. The bathrooms are super nice and the rates for a full hookup campground were good. We stayed there 2 or 3 years ago and the price was $44 a night. The only downside is it's hard to find the entrance. It's located behind a hotel. But in my opinion,it's as nice as Ft Wilderness in Disney World but a lot cheaper.
http://www.mustangrunrvpark.com/

Debbie
Explorer
Explorer
garmp - First we are traveling 3-4 hrs. across the state to Belle Star COE space C25. back of RV faces Eufaula Lake off Hwy 69 south of I-40. Then going to Rocky Point COE on Ft. Gibson north of I-40 on Hwy 69. 00A, RPOI. First time there. Then heading to Natural Falls State Pk CG.north of I-40 close to the border of AR. Then heading to Twin Bridges Area at Grand Lake Park. My mistake it is a State Park on Grand Lake not a COE. Husband made that resv. That was a strange resv. we had to get a parking permit(?) new to us. Then we are headed to Thibaut Point COE on Harry S. Truman Lake, MO. Meeting friends for the weekend. Then back to Hawthorne Bluff COE NE of Tulsa. Yes we have reservations for all the stays. Oklahoma State Parks you have to have a reservation. Not sure on the COE, but I think you do also. If you have any questions let me know. We have stayed at a lot of the parks in Oklahoma. All the COE that we have stayed in so far have been really nice.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
For whatever reason Rec.gov sometimes lists COE sites as parks. So yes that probably is the COE cg. We stayed at 14 this summer and sometimes the list them one way and sometimes the other.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Debbie,
Help me out here. According to your post you plan to hit Rockie Point Ft. Gibson Lake. Then off to Natural Falls Sp., Twin Bridges COE, Hawthorne COE. Being the curious one and thinking of possibly an Oklahoma trip, I had to look them up on google maps. Seemed to find them all but Twin Bridges COE. Is it listed as Twin Bridges Park, Campground, Recreation Area of what. I couldn't even find it on recreation.gov. Got me really curious now.
Sounds like an intriguing trip. Did you make reservations or just winging it?

thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Debbie
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. We decided to spend 4 days at Belle Star COE, 4 days at Rockie Point Ft. Gibson Lake, Then off to Natural Falls Sp. , Twin Bridges COE, Hawthorne COE, There were so many nice ones to choose from. These will all be new for us except Belle Star. Some of the suggestions we were unable to book for the dates we wanted, next time. Robbers Cave max was 35. We thought would. be tight. Thanks again!

LowRyter
Explorer
Explorer
I've stayed at Talihina ST Park. Also Robber's Cave is nice spot would guess the camping is good. As is Cedar Lake.
John L
WW SL 2805 5th Wheel
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Allison Duramax X Cab
Ducati 939 SS, Moto Guzzi V11 Sport, Moto Guzzi EV California and Suzuki 1200 Bandit

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sequoyah State Park and Greenleaf State Park are very nice stops, wouldn't be too far out of the way. Robbers Cave SP pretty good too. Safe travels.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Debbie wrote:
agesilaus - I just thought maybe someone had a favorite in the area. Husband uses RVparky, I use reviews and RV.net peoples suggestions. Thanks

Looking at Flat Rock Creek or Blue Bill COE, Cookson Bend COE, Cowlington Point COE,

They all sound nice. Wasn't sure if all the flooding they had effected any of them? Any Favorites camping with 35 ft Fifth. Would like to see the water if possible. Small dog, just the two of us, no boat. We are working our way to Natural Falls CG. Thanks.
Both Flat Rock and Blue Bill have great water views, the campsites are very close to the shore. No flooding problems when I was there 6 days ago. I hope that helps.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Look at these two sites for more info: First is what you probably already userec.gov and the other is really handy All US.
Hope these help.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Debbie
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus - I just thought maybe someone had a favorite in the area. Husband uses RVparky, I use reviews and RV.net peoples suggestions. Thanks

Looking at Flat Rock Creek or Blue Bill COE, Cookson Bend COE, Cowlington Point COE,

They all sound nice. Wasn't sure if all the flooding they had effected any of them? Any Favorites camping with 35 ft Fifth. Would like to see the water if possible. Small dog, just the two of us, no boat. We are working our way to Natural Falls CG. Thanks.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
You need to get RVTW--RV Trip Wizard. It shows all campgrounds, or most of them any way, and you can filter it to show COE parks or any number of other places.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

Debbie
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
Belle Star COE is SW of Natural Falls, we stayed there in June. Along with Heber Springs and Canadian COE parks in OK. OK has lots of COE parks, which almost makes up for its terrible roads.

We stayed at Belle Star and Hugo Lake Kiamichi COE in July really nice. Iโ€™ll check out Heber Springs and Canadian COE. Thanks we love COEs.

Sorry this posted twice. Couldnโ€™t delete