Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Snowbirds: 2021-22 Florida and/or Arizona
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> 2021-22 Florida and/or Arizona

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
jcordar2

New York

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/20 02:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We hope to be full timing by next fall. The big question - where to spend the winter? Thinking a little of half time in FL and half time in AZ? Or should we stay the whole winter in one place? I understand that we need to plan and be making our reservations now for NEXT year. Please give me your recommendations for RV Parks. Would like to be WARM, hubby is not crazy about 40 degree daytime temps! We hope to have a 43' fifth wheel by then....
What about KOA (Lazy Days)Tuscon?

Jane

MarkTwain

Northern, Ca. , USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/20 03:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What kind of aminities or services do you need or want to meet your needs? How long are you planning on staying in a RV park or resort, makes a big difference in prices/rates. Are you looking for small RV parks with few aminities or a resort with full aminites i.e. large rv sites, 50 amps , swiming pools, tennis courts, pickle ball courts, golf etc.
what parts of Ariz. or Flordia do you like? Go to the web site "Good Sam RV parks", pick areas, type of RV park that will meet your needs and the web site will give you a complete list of parks that meet your needs.

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/22/20 03:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I vote Florida.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2016 RZR 900

Lwiddis

near Bishop, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/22/20 03:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Move quickly to snag any still available spots for the nicer parks.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watt solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flag pole. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet-11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/20 04:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I vote arizona, everyday is about the same flr you never know,less bugs in AZ.

bobsallyh

Livingston, TX.

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/20 04:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You might want to take into consideration traveling across the country during winter. Pick a place and stay put.

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 08/22/20 06:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I keep looking for a beach in AZ but haven’t seen one yet. Can’t turn around in Florida without tripping over one. All depends on what you’re after. We happen to like the beaches on the Gulf of Mexico.

Dave

Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

pawatt

Brainerd MN / Palmview TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/22/20 06:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Also Consider the Rio Grande Valley of Texas, Less than 1/2 the price and at least twice the fun. About 400 parks to choose from $200 - 900. a month with a 3 to 5 month stay and many first timer specials, just ask. With so many parks reservations are not needed except maybe at the cheapest and most expensive parks. I suggest just come down and rent a spot for a week and look at many parks to find what you like. So many choices in the 300. to $400. range. Most parks will have metered electric that usually runs $50. to $100 a month depending on use.

almcc

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/23/20 05:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We stay at Lazy Days in Tucson on our way to California and back, it's not a bad park, full services and amenities (and a restaurant on-site), it might be a bit pricey though for a long stay. There are a number of parks in Yuma that may be less expensive and they have the same amenities, let us know if you need details.

BarbaraOK

On The Road

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/20 08:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

magicbus wrote:

I keep looking for a beach in AZ but haven’t seen one yet. Can’t turn around in Florida without tripping over one. All depends on what you’re after. We happen to like the beaches on the Gulf of Mexico.

Dave

Colorado River have beaches all along it. Numerous lakes in Arizona also have beaches. No salt water places if that is what you want. We spent one winter in Florida - bugs, bugs, bugs, bugs everywhere. Plus the huge quantity of people coming from all over the east coast - short tempered, 'entitled' acting, plus businesses/Floridians that want the tourist dollars but not the tourists. Reminded me of Vermont - if you haven't been there for 400yrs, just leave your money, take your picture AND LEAVE.

Ate dirty/dust every day when we spent part of the winter in the RGV and we don't do beer bashes and potlucks. Turns out Arizona desert, especially around Phoenix, is great place to spend the winter. Loads of restaurants/shopping, lots of museums, arts centers, concerts, and Spring Training in March with all ballparks being within a 45 minute drive.

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006
Figment II (2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) ">
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761
Our Blog

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> 2021-22 Florida and/or Arizona
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.