Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: Granddesign 31MB
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Granddesign 31MB

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
lem55

Santa Maria,Ca USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/23/20 12:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have been looking at a Granddesign 31MB. Any of you Granddesign owners have any ya's or na! What are your thought about an extented warranty? Thanks for your input.

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/20 04:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

extended warranties arn,t worth the paper there on. I,ve read meny horror stories on this site.

CaLBaR

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/23/20 06:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lem55 wrote:

I have been looking at a Granddesign 31MB. Any of you Granddesign owners have any ya's or na! What are your thought about an extented warranty? Thanks for your input.

We have a Grand Design 297RSTS for the last 2 years. So far very happy with it. Had a few issues that were either fixed by the dealer or by me. So far happy with the quality but I have heard that there are others who have had issues just like anything else you buy. One other thing is that Grand Design customer service is noted to be one of the best in the industry for helping out if there is an issue.

As for the extended warranty I would not get one. I read the fine print and basically they all have Wiesel words to let them get out of paying.

Rob

2018 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2019 RAM 3500 SRW Big Horn 4x4, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin
2007 Rockwood 8298 SS (Traded in 2018)
2009 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Crew Max 5.7L (Traded in 2019)
HP Dual Cam Sway Control
Prodigy Brake Controller

A1ARealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/20 06:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

midnightsadie wrote:

extended warranties arn,t worth the paper there on. I,ve read meny horror stories on this site.

That's painting the subject with much too wide of a brushstroke.

First, understand that there's a difference between an extended warranty (offered by and administered by the manufacturer) and an extended service contract (offered by and administered by a third party).

Automobile extended warranties are usually quite good. I could mention a few makes that offer an extended warranty that actually has a broader coverage scope than the original factory warranty. Extended service contracts -- now that can be a different story!

So, be aware of what type you're being offered, and read it over well before making a decision. Best of luck with the new RV!

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/20 07:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

CaLBaR wrote:

One other thing is that Grand Design customer service is noted to be one of the best in the industry for helping out if there is an issue.

Perhaps "were noted" should apply. They were noted by us in 2014 to be one of the best for helping out. It seems now days they changed. They were not much help on our 3950BH frame issues and slideout issues. Both them and Lippert used every excuse in the book including more or less telling us to take a hike, too bad, two months out of warranty. Probably why we unloaded it after 14 months of BS from GD and so many issues we lost count and not counting the many issues I repaired myself out of pocket that were clear warranty issues. They sent me a few parts.....big deal.

Michelle.S

Western NY till fall, then Sebring, FL

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/20 09:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't forget that Grand Design is now under Winnebago and lots or report of poor service now.

2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

GDS-3950BH

DC

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/20 02:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Michelle.S wrote:

Don't forget that Grand Design is now under Winnebago and lots or report of poor service now.

Yes......the Design is not so Grand any longer LOL. The same slapped together junk as the next guy, pushed out the door without any QC or QA, while they start the warranty clock ticking with the knowledge the dealer network will most likely jam you up long enough they don't have to pay out on it.

Sadly I predicted it when they opened the doors based on who the people were who started the company, and the past history they had in the RV Industry. Used car salesmen have higher ethics than anyone in ownership or management in the RV Industry.

dpgllg

South West Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/26/20 11:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

CaLBaR wrote:

One other thing is that Grand Design customer service is noted to be one of the best in the industry for helping out if there is an issue.

Perhaps "were noted" should apply. They were noted by us in 2014 to be one of the best for helping out. It seems now days they changed. They were not much help on our 3950BH frame issues and slideout issues. Both them and Lippert used every excuse in the book including more or less telling us to take a hike, too bad, two months out of warranty. Probably why we unloaded it after 14 months of BS from GD and so many issues we lost count and not counting the many issues I repaired myself out of pocket that were clear warranty issues. They sent me a few parts.....big deal.

I definetly agree!

Since Winnebago has taken them over the customer service is very poor. Had multiple issues with my 2017 GD Reflection 27RL. AC 1 month out of warranty needed replaced, door lock replaced, entire frame covered in surface rust, circuit board on hotwater tank replaced, rear window won't stay latched, bedroom slide cable to motor had to be replaced, toilet fresh water line leaks, oven refuses to light, bathroom door had to be rehung to line up with latch and many other things. Have an appointment in October (soonest) for TWO recalls to be fixed.

I cannot and will not reccommend any Grand Design products as there is no help whatsoever after the sale.

Dave

2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle

lem55

Santa Maria,Ca USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/26/20 12:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you all for the great advice. I guess I have a lot to think about.

dryfly

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/26/20 03:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

GDS-3950BH wrote:

Sadly I predicted it when they opened the doors based on who the people were who started the company, and the past history they had in the RV Industry. Used car salesmen have higher ethics than anyone in ownership or management in the RV Industry.

Not questioning your source or disagreeing with your opinion, but who are the people that started the company, and what is their past history?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Granddesign 31MB
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.