cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best route to go through Jacksonville, FL

nomad2013
Explorer
Explorer
Going straight through Jacksonville on I-95 is a bear. Is the east or the west side (I-295) better? Hopefully no or little construction.
Google maps is still showing straight through.
Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
After 10 am until, about 3pm straight through. West side has the Buckman Bridge and 11โ€™ lanes that dance you all the way. The east side has all the yuppies who canโ€™t drive in their lane on the way to the beach.

BackOfThePack
Explorer
Explorer
East jams up at either end.

I now just go straight thru in the big truck (expect slow speeds thru old downtown due to road design).

West not at all worth it.
2004 555 CTD QC LB NV-5600
1990 35โ€™ Silver Streak

nomad2013
Explorer
Explorer
Thank You!

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
nomad2013 wrote:
Going straight through Jacksonville on I-95 is a bear. Is the east or the west side (I-295) better? Hopefully no or little construction.
Google maps is still showing straight through.
Thank you.

I like going on the East side..the old st 9...C
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

Ed_C
Explorer
Explorer
Although there is no real difference in time the EAST beltway seems to have "gentler" traffic.
Ed/Jeanie & Slade the GSD
2017 Entegra Aspire 42 RBQ/ Sierra Crew

ken1961
Explorer
Explorer
We have tried all 3 roads and it depends on time of day. Last few years we go west because we stop at a campground just off of the bypass.
Ken

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
It's showing I-95 straight through because it's a good bit shorter than either by-pass, but if I had to pick one, I'd opt for the eastern one.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress