cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help ID'ing tub

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
My tub cracked and I'd like to replace (not repair) and reinforce it so it doesn't happen again. I can probably get it from Northwood but I'd like to have options.

I need help identifying the make/model.

Note that it's very similar to the Pellandant/Fleetwood model but the dimensions are different.

Also, any idea what caulk they use? It doesn't seem like silicone and it doesn't attract dirt.

Thanks in advance.
9 REPLIES 9

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmm....I think I would look into a residential shower pan that fits and FRP panels for the surround. And replace the crappy RV faucet.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Looking up from my FW basement, I can see a bit of the underside of shower tub. It is completely reinforced with hard foam board between pan and floor. Just the drain itself, with pluming below is showing. It is the most solid to stand on, of any that I've had.

If your tub is not reinforced well, it would be a good time to do so, before reinstall.

Jerry

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
GrandpaKip wrote:
If the pan is fiberglass, why not repair it? It really isn’t difficult and you’ll have it out, anyway. Then you could reinforce it however you want.
It’s definitely a design I’ve never noticed before.
And yeah, it shouldn’t have split.
Good luck with it. RVing is such an adventure, isn’t it?

Apparently all RV pans are made out of plastic (ABS) rather than the fiberglass that's used EVERYPLACE else. It's about 1/16" thick and frankly, I don't know how it lasted this long.

This is the 4th RV we've had over 30+ years with a shower and the first that has failed. Manufacturers seem to stay up nights figuring out how to make stuff ever more junky.

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
If the pan is fiberglass, why not repair it? It really isn’t difficult and you’ll have it out, anyway. Then you could reinforce it however you want.
It’s definitely a design I’ve never noticed before.
And yeah, it shouldn’t have split.
Good luck with it. RVing is such an adventure, isn’t it?
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
Andersen Hitch

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Path, I think you're right about the brand and thanks for the link. I can just see the white logo thingy in the back corner. Northwood will sell me a new tub at a reasonable price. I need another large item from them so I'm going to drive to Oregon to save shipping/crating on everything.

Kip, this is the only combo unit of this size and has a very distinct shape. Trying to use something else would require a new surround ($$$) and take drastic surgery.

I'm going to fiberglass (or have it done) the area that's weak to keep this from happening again. It should not have cracked under my 164# frame!

GrandpaKip
Explorer
Explorer
I would just get the measurements, then find one the same size.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
Andersen Hitch

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Yes web site not good. But notice the Corp symbol? That symbol is in my glass, clear or almost white. Also real old post on here that has link to mfg hartland.

(found later, edited and added link)

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/manuals/Plumbing/Shower%20Enclosure/SEA%20Neo%20Angle%20Enclosur...

Using the door sweep for above link lead me to a025 shower. And it would be nice to see if there is a way to make tub stronger. If your looking for other shower, we have "Holcom" close by. Unless they've moved very near north end of Boeing field.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Thank Path, their website is a little lacking but I'll contact them if I can't get info elsewhere.

Scott

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Ours is 2013 model, looks very similar to your pic. Ours is out of

Www.seamerica.com
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"