cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What is it you like about your Snowbird nest?

Bowti
Explorer
Explorer
The many posts about where to go, got me thinking about what I look for in a winter heaven.
1)- Weather- it has to be in mid 70's during the day. I don't like places were I have to hunt for shade, or have an umbrella to sit on the beach.
2} Fishing- I love to fish so, I have to be were I can catch dinner.
3)- Beach, Love the beach so I have to be somewhere where I can park after 10 or 11 and not fight for a spot.
4)- Traffic- Like to drive 55 or under without putting my life in danger going out.
5)- Restaurants Love a variety of places, close by, including fast food.
6)- Love small towns near by and larger ones still accessible within reason.
7)- We like larger campsites, no more Florida Keys for us.
8)- Campsites on the water or very near, a must.
Jezzzz, I didn't think we were that Fussy, must be getting young.
2013 Keystone Cougar 28SGS Xlite
Shipping weight 7561 lbs
Carrying capacity 2439 lbs
Hitch Pin 1410 lbs
2008 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4X4 Crew Cab
Reese 16K Round Tube Slider
Custom 3 Receiver Hitch Scooter Carrier
2013 Honda PCX Scooter on the Carrier
8 REPLIES 8

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Actually it's $600 a month, not a night. Maybe talk her into a caravan after covid, that usually fixes the fear factor. I do cust orientation for a company, but use PM if interested I don't want to be advertising here. To be quite frank, apart from learning the ropes, it's quite safe to RV in Mexico in my opinion, especially if you stick to toll roads. The biggest danger is bad power, but there are ways to protect against that. Took a lot of nerve to try it myself in 2004 for the first time. 10 years later I was leading caravans, and now I am actually a legal resident.

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
Tequila-$600 a night sounds like a bargain with pool and full hookups. I wish I could talk the wife into going south for January and February every year.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I have been spending winters in an RV park in Melaque, Jalisco, Mexico for several years. See Melaque. Not super cheap ($600 mnth), but on the ocean with a pool and full hookups. I like the town and the culture.

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
The fact that we own it free and clear is number one.
and :
2. It has a nice sandy beach on beautiful south Largo sound in Key Largo
3. we have a boat ramp 100 feet from us where we launch our paddleboards, canoe or kayaks
4 It gives us access to a hidden crystal clear, sandy bottom natural salt water jaccuzzi in the mangroves
5. It gives us access to the state park canoe trails as well as some of the reefs
Plus it has all the other amenities such as a pool, shuffel board courts, bocci courts, etc that our from time to time kids, grandchildren and guests can enjoy

Guy

Bowti
Explorer
Explorer
bighatnohorse wrote:
There are many places like you describe along the Colorado river in Arizona and California.

In our younger years most of our summer vacations were to the north west all the way to the west coast and even to Alaska. Always too warm to head south in the summer. Love the Rockies.
2013 Keystone Cougar 28SGS Xlite
Shipping weight 7561 lbs
Carrying capacity 2439 lbs
Hitch Pin 1410 lbs
2008 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4X4 Crew Cab
Reese 16K Round Tube Slider
Custom 3 Receiver Hitch Scooter Carrier
2013 Honda PCX Scooter on the Carrier

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
the most important thing to us...it ainโ€™t snowing!!!
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

bighatnohorse
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are many places like you describe along the Colorado river in Arizona and California.
2021 Arctic Fox 1150
'15 F350 6.7 diesel dually long bed
Eagle Cap Owners
โ€œThe best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity."
-Yeats

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
Bowti wrote:
The many posts about where to go, got me thinking about what I look for in a winter heaven.
1)- Weather- it has to be in mid 70's during the day. I don't like places were I have to hunt for shade, or have an umbrella to sit on the beach.
2} Fishing- I love to fish so, I have to be were I can catch dinner.
3)- Beach, Love the beach so I have to be somewhere where I can park after 10 or 11 and not fight for a spot.
4)- Traffic- Like to drive 55 or under without putting my life in danger going out.
5)- Restaurants Love a variety of places, close by, including fast food.
6)- Love small towns near by and larger ones still accessible within reason.
7)- We like larger campsites, no more Florida Keys for us.
8)- Campsites on the water or very near, a must.
Jezzzz, I didn't think we were that Fussy, must be getting young.

If money is not an issue in your overall plans for RVing then you should be able to have all your dream wishes!